Thread: need help with ms4 tune on silverado ss

need help with ms4 tune on silverado ss

i need help with my tune as no one has a dyno to tune it on it was street tuned by a tuner but the tune is not good at all. ive gone back 3 times with no luck its an 03 Silverado ss awd its a stock bottom end with ms4 cam kit form tsp stock intake and throttle body. I have a 4000 yank converter with a probuilt automatic kit in the tranny it runs fine while cruising but just stumbles coming to a stop after running hard or cruising for a long time and also when the ac is on. im a first time user of hp tuner as I just bought it so I don't know much just enough to be dangerous tune 1 was from tuner the other is the one ive been messing with which is better but not perfect
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you will scan it and post a log I will see if I can point you in the right direction.
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

I will log today and post it it tonight thanks for the response I really need the help and if you could check the whole tune that would be great I'm new and just started trying to learn

log

I have attached two logs number 3 is full throttle and 5 is an idle log after running hard and just touching throttle but the thing is I can drive around everywhere and not have trouble with idle until I run it hard.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpl 3.hpl (26.1 KB, 19 views)
    • File Type: hpl 5.hpl (15.8 KB, 13 views)

Tuner
    im no expert but aren't your injectors at 103% at shift..
    67 camaro 6.0lq4 turbo build in process
    89 mustang coupe ls1 80mmturbo, holley dominator efi on e85
    02 lexus is300 lq4, cam,headers,fast 92 intake
    and no there isnt anything in my yard unmodified

Tuner
    don't know whats driving it but your timing it all over place on the idle log.. when its doing the rough idle..
    67 camaro 6.0lq4 turbo build in process
    89 mustang coupe ls1 80mmturbo, holley dominator efi on e85
    02 lexus is300 lq4, cam,headers,fast 92 intake
    and no there isnt anything in my yard unmodified

Yes it's running 103 at wide open the person who tuned it left it like that I'm not to good at tuning so j don't know if that's ok

And as far as timing if i drive the truck around town normal it's fine it never dies but as soon as you drive it hard it wants to die and I can't figure it out

The truck ran a 13.20 at the track on 150 shot and sprayed after it was rolling because chain is tranfer is popping also it was running on a set of escalade 22" wheels so not to bad

Tuner in Training
    your tune is way off the timing is horrible. mulptiple options are tuned wrong.

Senior Tuner
    if you're at 103% idc, your way too lean at wot. Intake and headers with a dialed in eq ratio will drive the injectors higher than that. Let alone with an MS4 cam.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    take a look at his timing table its way off its way off. also his fuel cut off tables don't even match.. his tuner screwed his tune up.