Thread: Any pointers on my tune?

Tuner in Training

Any pointers on my tune?

99 camaro h-c-i tune.hpt
    How does my tune look? Just want some others opinions on things to make sure everything is right. Really just want to make sure everything in the trans part of the tune is good. Car is a 99 Camaro with a stock bottom end ls1, prc 227 heads, custom cam, headers, super victor intake, 102mm tb, 60# inj, built trans, 3.73 gears...

Tuner in Training
    Any tips on this?

First question is what is the tune based on, MAF or Speed Density? It appears to be a speed density (MAF fail = 0, High RPM disable 12,800 RPM) but the P0101-103 DTC's are still set to fail on 2nd error. I am not that familiar with the 1 bar enhanced OS but the writeup does say for use with "MAF not running Speed Density and wanting RTT".

Secondly, understand tranny is built (is there a shift kit?), any issues with increased pressures in tune? Looks good, assume it is shifting right, lockup consistent (and not annoying :-)) Is there an aftermarket Convertor (what is new stall rpm) or stock?

I would add back in some spark retard protection in the IAT and ECT tables....they are all zero'd, they are there to protect your investment. Not as agreesive as the stock, but enough to help should you experieince high IAT's (summer/traffic) or ECT's.

Without a log, cant really tell more. MAF and VE tables are greatly modified over stock so question 1 applies as well as how big a cam is it?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Your injector flow rate vs. KPA VAC starts at 72.9 lb/h and goes up from there. #60 lb injectors for a NA LS1 seems unnecessary and problematic to tune.
    SOLD - 2005 C6 6.0 LS2,TF 235 heads, 245/255 .630 113 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, YT 1.7 RR, FAST 102 LSXR, VMax 90-102mm, VMax CNC ported TB, LS7 injectors, Dewitts radiator, Manley 7.550 pushrods, LS7 fuel pump, PowerBond 25% UD pulley, RPM stage 2 '06+ 4:10 rear end, Callaway CAI, 160* thermostat, HP Pro custom tune, LG Pro headers

Now - 2016 C7 ZO6 A8

Senior Tuner
    jim, agreed.... big mistake to install injectors for what you "plan to do down the road". Had multiple discussions with a friend this week who is putting a P1SC on his 3.7 Mustang. He was going to go stupid with 60's, in his car they would be more like 73lb, complete overkill for a 500hp car. 50's will give him 80% IDC at peek HP by my calcs. That's the key, 80% for NA and as high as 85% boosted is about the best I can suggest. You overkill and your not going to get it to idle for crap and too low of a IDC up top. Also, you choose an injector that cannot hit the required min duty cycle to fuel the thing, then you've really got trouble
    2000 Trans Am WS6

RC,

There is great injector data from Greg Banish on the 60's Deka (assume that is what you are using) and while large for your setup, you should be able to get it to idle and have good off idle/cruise response. Min pulse width is .8 ms. These are used in FI setups which at idle look alot like your setup (boost comes in later) so I wouldnt panic unless you are having specific problems.

Still waiting for a response to my initial questions to chime in on your tune. I

f you are having problems with rich idle (IPW wont go low enough) and your MAF/VE are tuned well, try decreasing the transient min fuel milligram values by say 10-15%.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 03-10-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    RC,

There is great injector data from Greg Banish on the 60's Deka (assume that is what you are using) and while large for your setup, you should be able to get it to idle and have good off idle/cruise response. These are used in FI setups which at idle look alot like your setup (boost comes in later) so I wouldnt panic unless you are having specific problems.
    I agree.

Don't see anything that should make your idle/off idle compromised.

How does that rev limit at 7200 and WOT shift at 6800 rpm holding up with the stock LS1 bottom end? Torque Convertor lock only at expressway driving. Who needs good gas mileage, its a vette :-) The way I like it.

How does she run?

Ed M

[email protected]