Thread: anyone lic. a file that was pulled with efi life with hpt?

anyone lic. a file that was pulled with efi life with hpt?

need some help guys.

car:04 ctsv
    file/os: 03 2500hd (6.0/80e 4x4)

so i had a custom os (2bar)/cts-v file that the car can great on.

i did a 4l80e swap and a seg swap for that os # is non-existent. so i used a 03 truck file/vin and payed 2 credits to lic. it for my ctsv.

after some tuning the car runs on the truck file but the tranny will not respond to any changes at all. feels like it is trying to run max line pressure cause the converter to drag at times. also will drop to 1st gear from 4th at 70 ish mph on heavy tps.

if i "wright entire" i will end up with a os/vin mis match and the vin will be all zeroes
    if i "read entire" the window that comes up has all zeros and list the car as a 06 holden non-sedan (v8)
    i can do a calibration only wright and make changes to the map just fine.

the info on my cable list the 3 files i have payed for as my stock os ctsv , the custom os for the ctsv and a 03 2500hd.

come to find out that the 03 truck file was pulled and saved with efi live. f my life right. im hoping that there is till some way to fix this f up with out spending more credits.

i have pulled the file out of the exact truck my self with my hpt and it says that i dont have a lic for it.

any way to fix this bs?

Senior Tuner
    EFILive and HPTuners have their own file formats...if it was read with EFILive, HPTuners wouldn't be able to open it. If it was re-flashed with EFILive, HPTuners could have then read it.

I don't really understand what you've done by using this truck file other than possibly a lot of damage. I'd search on here for how others have made a 60E or 80E work in those cars.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    It sounds like you flashed the truck o/s and then changed the vin to match your ctsv. Hpt identifies the O/s as being from a truck and should not have ctsv vin and locks you out. On a partial write it just checks the PCM id which is why you can flash changes without issue. Sounds like you need someone to change vin for you.

i have changed the vin to the one fro the truck to avoid the vin miss match witch will work only until i "wright entire" at which time it shows all zeros and gives me a me a os/missmatch