Thread: I get crazy numbers while trying to tune VE coefficients

Advanced Tuner

I get crazy numbers while trying to tune VE coefficients

I tried tuning a truck today and i didnt get any good results. Disabled the maf and logged the stft and ltft. Then i plugged all the values into the EQ_VE program and made a VE table from that. Copied the ltft histogram and did a "paste special-multiply by percent" and made equations out of it again and pasted the results in hp tuners again and wrote to the pcm. Here is the tutorial i used to do this all: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196696 and ill attach the tune and a log.

07 silverado vortec max
    stock l76
    long tube headers and full exhaust
    high flow intake tube and filter
    Attached Files Attached Files

What was the fuel trims before you tuned on it. I don't see how intake and headers would affect ve that much?

Advanced Tuner
    It was not off by far but it was running rich. I didnt have an afr gauge hooked up and was trying to tune it on stock o2 sensors and didnt save a log file from it running on stock tune. Stock tune was not that bad but i like them to run at their best. I have used that program before with good results but on this truck it threw the fuel trims WAY off. It ran really rough. The truck has a little exhaust leak...not sure if it could have anything to do with it.

You have to change the P0101-103 DTC's to fail on 1st error i order to drop into Speed Density to tune the VE. Make sure you reset your fuel trims before each logging session after a tune reflash.

Also with out a WB, cant tune WOT.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I set the "maf frequency fail high" to 1 Hz so the maf is failed when the engine is running. I don't see why it wouldn't go into speed density. Disabling those codes will only prevent it from triggering the engine light, right?

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't go to sd until the light is triggered.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok i will try that then.