Thread: Please look at my configuration just for feedback not a Free tune

Please look at my configuration just for feedback not a Free tune

I have a LM7 (5.3L Chevy,2002) in a 1988 Wrangler. It has been running great for the last 4 years. I was playing and drove it in to a deep mud hole. It screwed some thing up. The issue I have is that the O2 are not completing their initialization. I put 2 new O2's on it. I am wanting to take the Jeep to have it professionally retuned. But until I Identify and correct the issue this is going to be hard to do. Ever since I have had it tuned the first time it has always been running rich. I found a guy in the Tampa bay that is highly regarded in chevy tunes, so I have a appointment with him for next Tuesday. I am trying to resolve this issue before so he can reprogram it.
    The issue is it is running real rich and when I drive it and capture the run on the Scanner the O2's are going all over the place. They go from low to high. The Jeep I have to give it throttle to keep it running. I also found that the O2's are not completing their initial initialization. I have posted the Configs and the running scan files. all I am asking for is ideas as to what can be causing this issue. Thank you for your help

I have brand new GM Delco o2 sensors on and I have 11.82 volts at the connector of the o2 sensor (Pin D) they are getting warm when I plug them in. and turn on the ignition. Attachment 49035Attachment 49036Attachment 49037Attachment 49038

o2 sensors are suppose to bounce all over the place, it's just how they work. Going from .050mv to .900 mv all the time as they try to achive stoich.

That tune is nearly 100% stock, I didnt really see a single thing done to it. Perhaps just transmission stuff/code deletes if you arent running the 4L60e.

Your biggest issue here is a massive vacuum leak of some sorts or your changed from the truck intake without tuning for it. Your LTFT are completely maxxed out at +25 all the time pretty much, so it's always trying to add more fuel to run correctly.

Also if you are running no cat converters is always going to smell like it's running rich.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    o2 sensors are suppose to bounce all over the place, it's just how they work. Going from .050mv to .900 mv all the time as they try to achive stoich.

That tune is nearly 100% stock, I didnt really see a single thing done to it. Perhaps just transmission stuff/code deletes if you arent running the 4L60e.

Your biggest issue here is a massive vacuum leak of some sorts or your changed from the truck intake without tuning for it. Your LTFT are completely maxxed out at +25 all the time pretty much, so it's always trying to add more fuel to run correctly.

Also if you are running no cat converters is always going to smell like it's running rich.
    yes the tune is pretty much stock. I will look for the vacuum leak, I am currently running the 4L60E tranny with a 213 transfer case. I am running 2 Cats one on each bank. I just dropped the second O2 sensors. Thank you very much for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    yes the tune is pretty much stock. I will look for the vacuum leak, I am currently running the 4L60E tranny with a 213 transfer case. I am running 2 Cats one on each bank. I just dropped the second O2 sensors. Thank you very much for the feedback.

5FDP I have sprayed Carb cleaner all over the motor/ Brake booster and hoses and have not heard or seen any difference. I have a 2012 Silverado I duplicated what you said as it is a vacuum leek, when I disconnected the master cylinder it acted the same as the Jeep. I know you are correct in your assessment. But what I did notice when I connect my Hp scanner up and I turn the key to run mode and start the scanner the LTFT starts at 25 prior to starting the motor and the STFT starts at zero and goes up as the motor runs for a while and also goes up to the 25 range. I have replaced the ECU and no difference. Any thoughts?
    thank you for any thoughts on this.

I noticed your cylinder vol is way off in your tune don't think it causing all your problem though. You have low vacuum to your map sensor check vacuum on the motor maybe possible compression test

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I noticed your cylinder vol is way off in your tune don't think it causing all your problem though. You have low vacuum to your map sensor check vacuum on the motor maybe possible compression test
    I will run a compression test to check that. We replaced the MAF with a
    JET MAF that I had laying around. And the Numbers look a lot better but the issue I see with the Jet MAF sensor back on is I have no response to the MAF sensor it stays at Zero. So I have a bad MAF sensor. I am interested in the cylinder VOl is currently set for 670.03 and is this a learned parameter or a set parameter?
    Attached is a capture of the Jet Maf at the end the motor ran a lot better but the MAF does not move. SO I guess I need to buy a new one . Damn I love this pain.: pray: Thank you for your feedback
    Attached Files Attached Files

I forgot to mention I just had the heads redone and I used the LS7 head gasket they are a better gasket. that would be why the volume would be a little off. But I will check the compression Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    I forgot to mention I just had the heads redone and I used the LS7 head gasket they are a better gasket. that would be why the volume would be a little off. But I will check the compression Thank you

Guys I just came in and I really would like to thank you for all your information. It turned out to be a bad MAF sensor. It is running great it is still going to get tuned the Fuel air is saying it is running at 15.2 at an idle which I think may be a little lean. But it is back to where it has been. A friend brought over a Snap on scanner and the O2 sensors are working fine. The HP scanner is saying that the O2 Sensor and the O2 heater are incomplete when I look at the DTC's. But the Snap on said they were working great and I will have the shop to check them Tuesday when it go's in to be turned.
    Thank you very much for all your help

Phil will take great care of you, you will not be disappointed....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Good deal and I bet that jeep is a blast with a 5.3 be careful