Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wideband usage - Which one and how's it going.

Tuner
    http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...y_Code=AIRFUEL

This might be overkill, but it makes alot of sense to me. Monitoring both sides of the engine.
    Last edited by TSDuke; 04-27-2006 at 10:59 AM.
    '00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports

Aem

Anybody know if the AEM UEGO set up will out put?

I'm going to buy a WB02 so i can tune my LSJ and so far i like this set up the best becuse its accerit, i love the gage in the fact that it shows the LED"needle" and a digital gage for real time numbers. and its not all that exspancive.

but its not much good if i can connect it to the tuner.

thanks in advance guys.

EDIT------------------------

NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!

got my answer

Advanced Tuner
    Dynojet Wideband Commander-very nice clean install and lots of features-especially the warning light! Had the LM-1 before no complaints but for a permanent install i like my Dynojet.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Does anyone use the PLX-R500?

After reading all the issues with the LC1/LM1 I'm sure glad I bought my PLX for 250 plus gage for 100...
    Always Support Our Troops!

After hearing all the issues with the LC-1 in particular, I wonder why mine hasn't gone out in over a year, running full time, with the same sensor it came with? What am I doing wrong? Should I get power from a coil pack or something?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    After hearing all the issues with the LC-1 in particular, I wonder why mine hasn't gone out in over a year, running full time, with the same sensor it came with? What am I doing wrong? Should I get power from a coil pack or something?
    nice....................

if the LC1 is set up to come on basically at the same time you would turn your Key on..it should last approximately the same as the stock narrowband o2's do...

mine takes a little more beating seeing as I tune a lot of vehicles and move it from car to car to truck to boat to motorcycle to car.... so I change mine every 3-4 months to guarantee accuracy...but I keep the old laying around just in case of emergency needed use...

and yes I tuned a boat with an LS1 motor and PCM in it
    and yes I tuned a motorcycle with an LS1 shoved between the framerails....thank goodness for black box logging on that one
    Last edited by S2H; 07-17-2006 at 03:38 PM.
    -Scott -

Scott...must...slow...down...while...typing.

11.02 @ 130

Scott...must...slow...down...while...typing.

fixed it for you....
    if you would learn how to read beyond a 1st grade level, it wouldn't be such an issue for you...
    -Scott -

Sorry...I wasn't aware I had to be proficient in the English language as an engineer...can anyone else verify this?
    11.02 @ 130

Sorry...I wasn't aware I had to be proficient in the English language as an engineer...can anyone else verify this?
    LOL

sorry for the thread jacking guys....
    -Scott -

Oh yes...back on topic...

*ahem*

I had reported a problem a while back with what appeared to be drop-outs in the wideband data while logging 40fps. I thought it may have been related to my wideband, but it was actually a problem with the software (which 2.1.12 fixed).

I'm quite pleased with my setup (granted, I've gone through quite a few wiring schemes to get there), and for me, this wideband has lasted longer than any narrowband I've ever had in there (since the header install).
    11.02 @ 130

Tuning a buddy's Redline, he's got the AEM UEGO on the dash, is it easy enough to just run a wire from the gauge to the EIO, or do I have to dig for the controller box too? He was supposed to get this setup for me before he went on vacation and left me the car.

Picking up and LC-1 for myself this week finally...
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ner
    Tuning a buddy's Redline, he's got the AEM UEGO on the dash, is it easy enough to just run a wire from the gauge to the EIO, or do I have to dig for the controller box too? He was supposed to get this setup for me before he went on vacation and left me the car.

Picking up and LC-1 for myself this week finally...
    I'm not familiar with the AEM piece...you'd have to know where the analog out wire(s) are located, and go from there. I'd guess it'd come from the controller, and not the gauge.
    11.02 @ 130

i've had two issues with the LC-1 but the newest version i have is supposed to have more protection for the wideband analog outs and i wired it a different way again. heater ground to engine and signal grounds to OBDII port thru HPT. i'm hoping this one's the charm. when it works it's been great and it's inexpensive...
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft

Senior Tuner
    For the AEM guage users, potential and current. I use it and know the guys at AEM.

Use the purple wire to the EIO and select the predefined AEM Wideband PID, then you are all set. The gauge is the controller in the AEM setup, very nice piece and extremely portable.

PLX Devices just came out with a new box for $195 or $256 with a 2 1/16" .7" deep digital A/F gauge!!
    Got it from StreetRays.com
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    PLX Devices just came out with a new box for $195 or $256 with a 2 1/16" .7" deep digital A/F gauge!!
    Got it from StreetRays.com

Damn!! I just bought the AEM last week.

'00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports

That's pretty nice for $250...
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Tuner in Training
    hi guys, first post, I just recieved my MPVI Pro tuning software and need to hook up my AEM wb. Do i just take one the 0-5 output wires from the wide band and attach it to one of the terminals on the cable processor? Did i miss a " How to" on this topic? I wish some instructions would have came with this software but it still is AWESOME. Thankyou.-TIM