Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 09 LNF with Nothing but Knock Problems

Advanced Tuner
    Don't stress over it. If you actually had 12deg of knock you would know which means it's something dumb that just needs fixed. Once it's solid and you're out playing hard I think you'll be happy.

Advanced Tuner
    ^this^. I also recommend sending your tune to Mike since he offered to look at it for you.

Tuner in Training
    My biggest want is to see if the logs are hiding something mechanical that I may not be relating to my issues. Or finding other solutions since I am a LNF n00b; I don't really know how this PCM works.

I have all the faith in my tuner which is why I am focusing on the mechanical aspects or what is failing and how it may be compensating for it. LNF is weird. I had to bad EVAP solenoids and never got a code for them. Same with the bad MAP I had.
    Last edited by SlobaltSS; 03-05-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    In my opinion and it's just an opinion, your logs make it appear to me that you are running lean when you're into the boost or at least when you're into the boost and don't have the pedal at 100%. Also - I'd have to guess that your DAL and Optimum Torque tables are really high in the midrange because your pedal and ETC% are way far apart from each other which I know can be accomplished with the OT and OS tables along with others.

Since it had been running good and knock free on the same tune, it's got to be something under the hood. Changing the brakes shouldn't bring on the problems you are having. Maybe something started touching when you jacked the car up to change the brakes and it now resonating at the frequency required to drive the KR sensors crazy.

The LNF ECM is weird at times for sure and I know that I probably drove MikeM crazy for a bit over false KR when he was working on my setup but he got me straightened out and helped me turn the car into a real screamer.

Advanced Tuner
    Haha the false KR isn't the hassle. The hassle is remote tuning. It's easier when the car is at your fingertips and you're driving it and you have more control over different variables. Just makes the process go slower when you do it over email. Still plenty good can come of it.

Advanced Tuner
    Plenty good did come out of it Mike and is much appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow, lots of awesome info in here. I was going to say just turn the knock sensors off and see if that changes the way the car drives. I know it's not the very best and I don't think I would leave it that way, but I had to do this to diagnose another issue, which was my PCM pulling random amounts of timing, even without KR.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    dont turn them off unless you have a pair of knock ears
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    I trust my tune enough to turn mine off but then it brings up the question of why? I don't have any issues from leaving them on so why would I not want to have them there? I could turn off a lot of things I don't need but why waste my time if it doesn't give me any benefit.

Advanced Tuner
    Like I said, I turned mine off solely to see if they were manipulating the amount of overall advance the engine was getting, it did not change, so I concluded that it was in my PCM and turned them back on. Stupid E69 and their bad habits!

To the OP (maybe this was addressed already), have you tried getting a totally fresh OS flashed to the car? Like from the dealer? This is what I concluded would be the solution to the issue I am having, at least I hope it will be the solution...

Tuner in Training
    Bringing back a sort of old thread...sorry...I just don't want to start from scratch here. Was there ever a resolution to this issue?