Thread: 1999 Vette with mild cam is getting knock retard

1999 Vette with mild cam is getting knock retard

This weekend I installed cam a 229/236 cam shaft in a 1999 Vette with an LS1. I tweaked the tune and got the car running pretty well, I won't be able to use my wideband on the car until this weekend. But for now I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting up to 13 degrees of knock retard in first gear. It doesn't show up in any other gear, no matter if it's at 100% TPS or 10%. Thank you in advance for your help. Please take a look at my tune and let me know what I should adjust to correct the knock retard.

The car has

Longtubes
    39 lbs fast injectors
    LS2 intake and throttle body
    229/236 623/617 on a 112 LSA camshaft
    Underdrive pulley from TSP

Brandon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoky68 View Post
    This weekend I installed cam a 229/236 cam shaft in a 1999 Vette with an LS1. I tweaked the tune and got the car running pretty well, I won't be able to use my wideband on the car until this weekend. But for now I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting up to 13 degrees of knock retard in first gear. It doesn't show up in any other gear, no matter if it's at 100% TPS or 10%. Thank you in advance for your help. Please take a look at my tune and let me know what I should adjust to correct the knock retard.

The car has

Longtubes
    39 lbs fast injectors
    LS2 intake and throttle body
    229/236 623/617 on a 112 LSA camshaft
    Underdrive pulley from TSP

Brandon
    Zero your Spark Retard Vs Torque reduction and other tables in Torque Management.
    Reduce the low octane spark in low to mid range and drive and re log.
    Post a log file too

Tuner
    You need more Base Idle Airflow for that cam, add around 5.
    Then you can lower your Target Idle Speed by around 200 RPM