Thread: 2001 2500hd lq4 power enrichment

Tuner in Training

2001 2500hd lq4 power enrichment

ok guys ive done some tuning to the power enrichment, mainly just made it so itacually comes on and is tuned to 12.9-13.0 at WOT. the throttle position is still 90% which im assuming is higher than i want. ive just kinda started tuning, havent messed with timing. i attached my tune, if anyone sees anywhere i can make improvments
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can move the throttle % down to say 60-70% but then just set the enable KPA from like 55 to 70-80 so that will trigger when PE enables. It waits for the load to be there.

Also you set the delay to 60 seconds, switch that back to 0.0. And the enable torque is set to 100% but most of the torque mngt on the engine side has been disabled, so going down to 80% might help some.

And 12.9-13.0 is pretty lean, hopefully you have a wideband. I'd shoot for something more around low to mid 12's to be safer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    cool i will make some adjustments, i understand everything but the delay at 60 seconds. im not seeing that

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    And 12.9-13.0 is pretty lean, hopefully you have a wideband. I'd shoot for something more around low to mid 12's to be safer.
    Is this really considered lean for WOT on an NA motor??? Around what i was running with 35psi on a 1.8l turbo VW. I always was under the impression you could run leaner on NA. AKA just under stoich.

They say lean is mean, but sometimes you are just risking everything.

I'm no tuning guru nor do I have tons of experience with different cars but the norm is 11-11.5 AFR for supercharged/turbo cars as a guideline and 12.5 for NA motors.

Coming from the 3800 world, they never liked running much leaner than 11.8ish with 93 octane fuel as knock started to pop up in the higher rpms. E85 is another story and I never went there, you could run leaner with E85.

Another that comes to mind is how much ethanol is in the fuel, figure if 10-15% in some states it might like to run a tad bit leaner than 12.5. And as for your VW, I'm suprised it lived with 35 psi at 12.5+ air fuel ratio.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ullose272 View Post
    cool i will make some adjustments, i understand everything but the delay at 60 seconds. im not seeing that
    Engine > Fuel > Power Enrich > PE delay.

It's on the very bottom, says rpm delay of 1,400 and delay at 60.0 seconds.

Make sure you are in advanced mode to see everything.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Engine > Fuel > Power Enrich > PE delay.

It's on the very bottom, says rpm delay of 1,400 and delay at 60.0 seconds.

Make sure you are in advanced mode to see everything.
    ya i have it in advanced and only the rpm delay shows up

Odd, maybe my version of 2.24 is newer than yours.

Never hurts to download the newest version from your customer page.

Advanced Tuner
    I just looked at your tune and I can see it.

Tuner in Training
    Weird i cant see it at all. Im pretty sure i have the newest. ill look when i get home