Thread: c5z lightweight flywheel retune???

Tuner in Training

c5z lightweight flywheel retune???

hello, i just installed a mccloud rxt with the lightweight flywheel. the car has a hard time idling sometime, and stalls out alot,.
    the car was tuned when the cam went in, and its never had a problem. ( several years ago)
    car has a small cam, 224-230,
    all the bolt ons.
    it made 420 on a dyno jet back in the day when it was tuned.

i bought hpt last year, but never used it on the car.

my question is what parameters need to be changed or adjusted..
    thanks

Tuner in Training
    ?? anyone???

Tuner
    I have a light weight flywheel but I've always had it so I don't know exactly what needs to be changed to account for a lighter flywheel. This thread was just posted with some relevant information: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...weeper-HT-tune
    1994 Trans Am: LS3 Crate Swap - Cam Motion 216/226-116+3 - 0411 PCM with Lingenfelter 58x > 24x Converter - 4L60E to RPM T56 - Strange 12 Bolt - UMI Suspension - TSP 1 7/8" Headers - GMMG Exhaust

Tuner in Training
    thankyou... this is going to be fun..

If Idle Airflow, MAF and VE were all correct before the install, all you should need to adjust is Cracker and/or Follower

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. When we installed the Jerico, 110 tooth FW, and 7.25" clutch in the '98 we had to change the follower, cracker, and also the overspeed and underspeed spark tables. Here is a snip of what we did:

increased the idle rpm to 950
    set idle airflow using Patrick K's method
    decreased the overspeed and underspeed timing tables by about 60%,
    reduced the amount of throttle cracker air (less inertia to spin up)
    increased the throttle follower decay (again less inertia)

For our purposes, autox, we zeroed the cracker above 16 mph and 2800 rpm. The amount you decrease that table and/or where you start the zeroing would relate to how much inertia your clutch/FW combo has. For the decay, we maxed that value out above 26 mph and trippled it elsewhere.

It really isn't that bad. Just start mulitplying the hole tables above by the percentage you want to increase or decrease. If you go to far, the car will start to stall when you roll up to a light in neutral. If it does, back it off. If you're still getting some "cruise control" feeling or revs hanging, you need more.

Hope that helps,
    Last edited by JasonS5555; 03-04-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    1996 Camaro SS M6 - 24X conversion - stock bottom end - heads - shorty headers - 58mm TB
    Ultradyne 230/238 .565/.565 112+4 - 30 LB red top SVO injectors - LOTS of suspension...

2002 GMC 2500 HD Duramax M6 - Just starting the tune on a stock motor now that I have a good clutch on order...

Tuner in Training
    Wooooo. Thankyou gents. Much appreciated.

I will give her a go asap