Thread: Sonic 1.4 Help

Tuner in Training

Sonic 1.4 Help

I'm not looking for a "somebody tune my car for me", just looking for guidance in the right direction. Between frames 6142 6254 or from 3900 rpm to 4900 rpm I'm getting a lean condition where the injectors drop about 20% duty cycle, knock occurs and calculated cylinder air mass drops, but its not related to MAF or MAP. I raised knock air mass to see if the knock was commanding the engine to decrease air flow to the motor thus decreasing IDC. That solved nothing just allowed the engine to see more knock. The blip in IDC dipping causes a spike to +90% when they return to normal. I just need help finding out what's going on to cause that. Meantime I will be cutting back the boost a little to reduce the knock, running to high for this poor winter 91 octane. Any help would be very appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I had this happen before, if I remember correctly it was because I raised the pressure delta factor to high. These ECMs seem to like making small changes to the tables rather than raising the values to something the application is never going to see.

Tuner in Training
    What was the pressure delta you found worked best. Through trial and error I found a 2.85 would work with a max boost limit of 230 kpa, and a 2.60-2.75 for a max boost limit of 255 Kpa. I liked the 3.00 settings but that only worked with near stock boost levels. Did a couple runs and now running a 2.75 I just missed the snap of running a higher pressure delta but it worked out. Thanks for your help