Thread: Flashed an 07 Pontiac G6 now can't be inspected

Flashed an 07 Pontiac G6 now can't be inspected or scanned with any other scanner

Just as the title says a friend of mine wanted some minor tweaks to his stock g6 so I made the changes. After that he took the car to get inspected and they are telling him that they can't communicate with the PCM. I did a calibration only flash, should I perform a write entire for this vehicle or is the issue completely unrelated to the tune?
    Last edited by shoaf85; 03-03-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Did you tunerlock the car? Just a thought
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Quote Originally Posted by shoaf85 View Post
    Just as the title says a friend of mine wanted some minor tweaks to his stock g6 so I made the changes. After that he took the car to get inspected and they are telling him that they can't communicate with the PCM. I did a calibration only flash, should I perform a write entire for this vehicle or is the issue completely unrelated to the tune?
    Just an odd coincidence. You probably need to drive the car more so that the monitors become ready after the reset caused by a flash. HPT itself didn't do anything to make your car not pass.

Have your friend check the accessory fuse. The hp tuners pod will communicate with a dead obd2 port as it gets power from either the car or the pc but the state machine needs power on pin 16 to supply the dongle

Thanks for the replies. We tried scanning the car with another scanner after he tried the inspection and the scanner could not communicate with the PCM but it would comm with the tcm. I pulled the codes with the hpt scanner without issue and it had set a few "lost communication" codes. I cleared the dtc's and then it would allow the other scanner to now communicate. He then went back to get inspection and it did the same thing. Inspector said it's locking him out to where he can't read the PCM. I cleared the dtc's again and he is going to a different inspection center today.