Thread: 03 1500 5.3 tune-wow

03 1500 5.3 tune-wow

Can I get more, I have been tinkering with this truck for close to a year and finally got it to a point that I beleive is it with out internal mods. (which where i am headed next) But i finally got to log a run from San Antonio to Dallas and I think I am done. Can someone review the tune and see if i am missing something. 03 1500 4wd reg. cab step side 5.3 auto, 3.73, 275 55 20 lowered 2/3, CAI, ported thortle body, cat back.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Whats been done to the tune?

I see the power enrich tables are nearly untoched, still stock delay and commanded EQ ratio looks stock and is still pretty rich (around 11.1 afr). Still stock 90% throttle delay for PE aswell. Those could all be changed to make it react faster and if you had a wideband you could lean it out some and might be a tad quicker.

I see the engine TM has been maxed, I'd lower the enable torque under PE to something like 75% now.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

TM has been removed, MAF calibrated,added alittle timing, WOT fuel added, everthing else has been trans work, most of my time was spent on the trans. What will lowering the enable torque under PE to something like 75% do? Just curoius, I am learning everyday.

ok, so I read up on the PE tab again and figured out what you are saying, makes sense. I have made the changes you suggested and will give it a try. This thing is a blast to drive, i have a 13 6.2 1500 that i have stopped driving because the "sideways on command" in the 03 is sooooooo much fun!!!! and the 6.2 is a crew cab.

Quick update-before I could upload the changes that were mentioned, the tranny started to let go. So I am currently in search of tranny shop in the San Antonio area to build it.