Thread: Throttle Tables

Tuner in Training

Throttle Tables

I have a 2006 Chevy 2500 HD with the 6.0 and 5spd manual trans. I would like to get quicker throttle opening,mainly below 3000 rpms,above that it seems like the engine helps pull it open. Basically wonder which throttle tables are safe to modify. I also installed the largest stock ls1 cam,which might be costing a little low end torque .

Post the tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

Not much can be done with the DBW throttle body to make it open quickly without chancing the PCM itself from the looks of it.

You could try lowering the PE enable to 65-70% throttle instead of 90% and raising the KPA to 70 from 55. I don't see a need to max the ramp in rate either, 2.0 should be good enough and it's still running a little rich at 11.9 down to 11.7 and a tad lower. A wideband would be a good idea to make sure fueling is good all over.

And you said you added a camshaft, doing a good VE/MAF tune can make alot of difference all over the rpm range.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The VE is not quite right,in the lowend,light load area. Definitely would like a wideband,eventually. For now it's not running to bad .

Tuner
    You can get better throttle response by adjusting spark and fuel in the desired areas. With a wideband of course. I wouldn't mess with the throttle tables unless you're just making very minor adjustments.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.