Thread: Please descrive tranny functions for 2011 models

Please descrive tranny functions for 2011 models

It's completly different than previous model and there is no info what is going on with them.

General:
    RPM Antic shifts, what will happen to disable that?

Shift pressure

1. What is difference in oncoming vs offgoing, when they work
    2. what is difference between 1A->2M vs 1M->2M, basically queston is what the letter means.
    3. What means int
    4. What means ESM

Ramp
    1. Boost pressure elements
    2. Boost time slippage
    3. Boost time elements

Adaptive
    1. Initial slip time
    2. overall slip time
    3. torque transfer time
    here also new is power on/off and interlocked unknown.

Thanks.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

bump!

Tuner in Training
    wouldn't we all like to know this info.....top secret level 5 type stuff I guess

Potential Tuner
    It really must be some top secret stuff

Tuner
    1A - 2M and 1M - 2M

A = Auto
    M = Manual

As I understand it, it's the behavior of manually shifting ("S" mode, pressing button/paddle and shifting from 1 - 2). That's how it was explained to me.

There isn't much literature out there on 6R80 tuning...

I've been learning most of what I know from studying the tables and descriptions as well as experimenting by making small changes to the tune file and going out to make runs and log the changes.

One thing which I can answer from the OP, is that if you DISABLE RPM Antic. Shifting, the TCM will take the raw values you set in your shift schedule or SHIFT RPM - WOT tables.

I discovered this because I was having a difficult time getting the trans to shift at higher RPM's (7500+). No matter what I'd try, the trans would always shift early in 1st and 2nd but would shift right on time in 3rd and up even with all limit tables (max acceleration set to 100) set higher than possible.

I even had the up-shift schedule to begin the shift at something ridiculous (like 25 mph higher than the gear would achieve) and it still would not shift on time based on RPM. From my understanding, the TCM will begin the shift based off whichever parameters come first (MPH or RPM).

Once I disabled the RPM Anticipated Shift, the car went all the way to the rev limiter in 2nd gear (the gear I was testing in) and that was when I realized it was effecting my work.

Keep in mind, the MPH/RPM settings for upshift are the setpoints at which the transmission will BEGIN the shift. It is not the RPM at which the trans will shift at...

So, in 1st gear, you may find yourself needing to begin a shift command to result in a 7500 RPM shift, etc. etc.
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80