Thread: Fuel Pump Flow Max

Senior Tuner

Fuel Pump Flow Max

Is it necessary to edit this when you add larger pumps? Common sense tells me yes, but I'm curious what the side effect might be for not doing it.

Also, should you rescale the Fuel Flow axis (x-axis) of the Fuel Pump Voltage vs. Flow vs. Pressure table to reflect the commanded fuel flow by the ECU?

I'm working with supercharged 08 Ford F150 that has the BBK 300 LPH in-tank pump and I'm curious as to how much attention I need to these.

Thank you for any insight anyone can provide.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Is it necessary to edit this when you add larger pumps? Common sense tells me yes, but I'm curious what the side effect might be for not doing it.

Also, should you rescale the Fuel Flow axis (x-axis) of the Fuel Pump Voltage vs. Flow vs. Pressure table to reflect the commanded fuel flow by the ECU?

I'm working with supercharged 08 Ford F150 that has the BBK 300 LPH in-tank pump and I'm curious as to how much attention I need to these.

Thank you for any insight anyone can provide.
    If you do not raise that fuel flow value, the calculated fuel flow will be clipped. So raise it up, and rescale the fuel pump voltage table X axis, otherwise when you hit the end of the table, you lose control of the pump.

Take a look at a GT500 file for reference.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    If you do not raise that fuel flow value, the calculated fuel flow will be clipped. So raise it up, and rescale the fuel pump voltage table X axis, otherwise when you hit the end of the table, you lose control of the pump.

Take a look at a GT500 file for reference.
    Good to know Eric. That would explain what I was seeing in the log then. I don't even see that value in the CMR definition for this truck.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    What determines when it uses the Injector Pressure normal versus the Injector Pressure (High Load) table?

The GT 500 has all 39 psi populated in the High Load table, but has a pressure rise in the normal table. Seems to me it would switch from the high pressure at low load to the low pressure at high load. Does it use the highest value of the two tables?
    Jaime