Thread: part throttle timing like idle adaptive timing - moving all over the place

part throttle timing like idle adaptive timing - moving all over the place

is this because of the SD patch? spark is all over the place at steady throttle.
    look at the log, you can see, it never matches the base timing (main timing table and the idle table is mirror of it) but none of the timing modifiers are contributing (at least that i can find!)

driving it is like it's misfiring constantly. lots of little jerks. not nice. i've never had this problem before that's why i'm wondering SD.

you can see gmve consistent, throttle and pedal consistent, fuel pressure consistent. i don't get it.

to make it even more special, in spark, idle adaptive spark over and under, i've zero'd the gear table. add to that idle, adaptive idle, i've disabled that too. but yet something is making it do all these spark changes.

the car does not have maf at all. maybe the SD patch at least needs it in the airflow?

honestly, i'ts like once you go steady throttle, the ecu thinks it's idle.

too many hours on this mofo.

please help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Disable spark smoothing?

will try it. can it make that range of change?

i'm really thinking the airflow calc on the speed density part is somehow wrong. look how high i had to rescale the ignition table, out to 2.1 g/s. this is just 2.9L whipple and 11psi. i just don't think it's taking in that much air. all the other forced induction i've done kept the maf and i've not had any of these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    will try it. can it make that range of change?

i'm really thinking the airflow calc on the speed density part is somehow wrong. look how high i had to rescale the ignition table, out to 2.1 g/s. this is just 2.9L whipple and 11psi. i just don't think it's taking in that much air. all the other forced induction i've done kept the maf and i've not had any of these problems.
    I really don't see the load calc changing much, but one of the cool things about HPTuners is you can define the axis points for both load and rpm in the spark table. That way you can get back a bit of the granularity you give up in scaling at the low load area's and widen the mid to high load area where less is needed....

I do see large errors (>20%) in the LTFT's, as you are in VE (Speed Density), you can delete the calculated g/cyl and maf pids. Also reduce the number of pids you are logging to a max of 22-24. Set up separate confis for VE tuning, idle, tranny etc as usually you aren't doing all of these items in a single tuning session.
    Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 02-27-2015 at 09:39 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

killing spark smoothing was huge. logged before and it was very much active.
    shut it down and timing is now as commanded in tables. dsteck had said in separate post to put timing much lower than stock tables and all was right on. dstech said it would still buck in that post, but it didn't. it does have stutters though and i think that's because injector times are 1ms and non-linear for certain. don't have the specs for these injectors but still a great deal better. i really still believe something foundational is wrong because crank air flow is low and it goes to 2k on start but min airflows are quite high and it still struggles on idle and will hunt like crazy when cold.
    would still like more info.
    Attached Files Attached Files