Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 07 TBSS START ISSUES! $100 to the one that can help me fix it

Did you put a crankshaft in this? You need to make sure you have the right tooth tone wheels on the crank.

In the scanner log the cam sensor counts pid. It is under the engine diagnostics tab. If you have counts it is reading, if not there is a sensor or wiring issue.
    That tune I posted for you has the misfire counters maxed out due to the cam. It is your tune with the adjustments made to it, you should be able to load it right in.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Well i messed with it some more and think i have it figured out. Ohm'd the wires goin to pcm and that checked out good. 5v on the other wires like it should. Ohm'd the small harness to make sure the connections are good. Everything checked out. Pulled sensor our, hooked up scanner and watched the data. Slide a wrenche over it and it starts counting like it shoul. Stick the sensor back in and it reads 0 from not running thru cranking and running. Not a single hit on the sensor. Verified that i got the right cam gear and i did. Is it possible the gasket for the timing cover is too thick or the timing gear os a little too far in compared to a stock gear? Ive narrowed the issue down to this.. Put a stock gear on or try to install timing cover with no gasket just to see if it picks up the gear?

You said that it is popping like it is out of time originally and you said you removed the front cover and the right gears are in it did you check to see if its on time in relation to the original gear set maybe its out of time and if the computer don't see cmp sensor at the proper degree the ecm will disable it amd rely on crank signal go with oem great set make sure its in time and the air gap is correct good luck

You need to take your crank sensor out and take a peek in there with a flashlight. Do you see one tone wheel with even spaced teeth or do you see two wheels sandwiched together with alternating gaps?

http://my.prostreetonline.com/2014/0...heels-and-you/

Tuner in Training
    well after doing some diag i figured it out. i need a 4x cam gear and i was sold a 1x. apparently the 06 tbss is a 24 reluctor wheel which requires a 1x cam gear and my 07 is a 58 reluctor which requires the 4x cam gear. i diag'd the sensor with the snap on scanner.. slide wrench over the sensor and it gives a reading on the scanner.. put sensor back in and no reading. i have a new timing set on the way should be good to go with that.

Your welcome
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    You said that it is popping like it is out of time originally and you said you removed the front cover and the right gears are in it did you check to see if its on time in relation to the original gear set maybe its out of time and if the computer don't see cmp sensor at the proper degree the ecm will disable it amd rely on crank signal go with oem great set make sure its in time and the air gap is correct good luck
    This was the $100 answer lol