Thread: 2011 5.0 as a donor

Tuner

2011 5.0 as a donor

I have been searching and haven't found any information on it.

I've found a 5.0 engine from a 2011 that will be going in a 57 ranchero.

Can anyone tell me if there's access to rewrite the factory computer for a return fuel system instead of a single line/variable voltage type fuel system? I'm pretty sure the newer mustangs have fuel pump driver modules. If I can't run a return system, can I just run the fuel pump driver module and all will be good? Can I unlock the factory computer from it's anti theft?

Thank you in advance for the 5.0 noob questions.. My first Coyote swap.

Cj's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjsgarage View Post
    I have been searching and haven't found any information on it.

I've found a 5.0 engine from a 2011 that will be going in a 57 ranchero.

Can anyone tell me if there's access to rewrite the factory computer for a return fuel system instead of a single line/variable voltage type fuel system? I'm pretty sure the newer mustangs have fuel pump driver modules. If I can't run a return system, can I just run the fuel pump driver module and all will be good? Can I unlock the factory computer from it's anti theft?

Thank you in advance for the 5.0 noob questions.. My first Coyote swap.

Cj's Garage
    The coyote cars don't have a variable voltage pump like the earlier mod motors, they are equipped with a mechanical returnless system. We were just discussing the method of tuning a return fuel system in this thread. Very easy to tune for return style.

If you choose a Ford Racing Controls Pack instead of a factory PCM they are already setup for a return fuel system. As far as the anti-theft, that's a question I can't answer.

Anti-Theft can be disabled, but no current tools are out to do it. When our new scanner is released, I will be able to add that feature. Your only option is to use the FRPP Control Pack. We also currently do not support licensing those yet, as they have no VIN in them, but we are working on a work around for that. No ETA.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Awesome Witt

In which case, I might just leave it alone. Toying with the idea of modifying the Coyote fuel pump into the Ranchero tank. I read your thread. Good info on the pump pressure reference.

Anyone have any idea on the PATS delete for these cars?

Tuner
    Ok, thanks Eric. I won't ask when the release is.

By new scanner, do you mean a new hardware, or new software?

I heard the FRPP don't control automatics. Is this true, and if so, what then?

Ok, thanks Eric. I won't ask when the release is.

By new scanner, do you mean a new hardware, or new software?

I heard the FRPP don't control automatics. Is this true, and if so, what then?
    New Scanner software. It's free once it is available.

To my knowledge, no one has a standalone 6R80 TCM.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    BETA wont support PATS disable.. not even in the next 5 months? Sorry you're the only Ford guy with all of our requests out there..

can I flash an automatic transmission tune into a FRPP?

Advanced Tuner
    BETA wont support PATS disable.. not even in the next 5 months? Sorry you're the only Ford guy with all of our requests out there..

can I flash an automatic transmission tune into a FRPP?
    Don't think that will work. The auto ECU's had additional hardware to support transmission control. I know for a fact that flashing a auto strategy onto a Boss ECU will not work. Controls pack ECU should be no different.

Potential Tuner
    Hello Eric, can PATS delete be done with HP tuners? I can not find any recent post.

regards
    sam