Thread: Still unsure of which package to buy

Still unsure of which package to buy

Well I've read the details many times over, and still not sure which one to do. I mean for now I would like to start small, gain a reputation and then start dealing on a higher level with the tunes I would create. But I don't know which software to use.

If I bought the Pro package, that means I would need to buy an O2 wideband reader to use with it, extra cost. Also, one thing I like about the pro package is that it comes with "black box" data logger. Does the STD come with this??? I read also, that all the STD might need is a future software upgrade which I don't mind waiting for.

$499 or $649. From what I will be doing, getting rid of TM, stonger gear changes, change transmission timings..when i get more advanced, spark retard, VE and PE.. LFTL and PTFL tables.... not too sure if I would need the PRO to do this, or just keep the STD and listen or feel out for any thing that shouldn't be happening in the engine...

What would you guys advise??

Advanced Tuner
    Pro does not NEED a wideband, you can get it later. It has black box, but Standard does not. The EIO will need a firmware upgrade to use the black box recording, but works without it right now, and is easily upgradable (simple as connecting to the cable and hitting Read or write).
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Turn on the box

So do we know when the box will log without PC needed? When 2.1.10 came out I noticed that it upgraded the MVPI Pro to 8 something I clicked to fast to write it down. After which I clicked the record button and nothing happend im sure we are just an update away from having the whole logging thing indepentant from PC....

ya think?

OneFastGT

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    scheduled release is 2.1.12 at this time barring no setbacks...which I personally dont foresee at this point
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Let's say in the future I decide I want to use a wideband. Do I need to buy the complete systems like what LM1, Dynojet and Innovate have to offer, Or can I just buy a wideband O2 sensor and plug it straight into the interface to record data!??! Take a look at the 5th item before the bottom of the page, all it is is an exhaust wideband O2 sensor, going for $87.50.. Would this be adequate enough???
    http://www.daytona-sensors.com/WEGO2.html

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you would need at minimum the sensor & controller...many have chosen the lc-1 with a starting price of around $199.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Just get the Pro version, it is very much worth it and you won't be saying "Gee, I wish I would have ordered the Pro instead of the Standard".

And it will cost you $289 to upgrade to the Pro version if you change your mind.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Ya go for the Pro. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for a long time for the upgrade. Kinda sucks cuz you get accustomed to having the cable LC1 is the way to go if you go wideband. It's cheap and it works. Does have some problems but they are all manageable (many threads around here talkin about how to fix them)
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

thanks for all the responses, I've just been waiting for Keith to get back to me and fill me in with the details on sending some money over to him.. I'll be getting the pro, now i've read a bit extra into what the wideband could do for me, I think once I start using i'll always need it when i tune