Thread: Help! Can't get to idle in gear

Tuner in Training

Help! Can't get to idle in gear

I'm having problems getting it to idle in gear. Idle is set to 850rpm's. It idles fine in P/N but when I shift into drive it drops to about 450rpm's and wants to stall. Can someone please take a look and my tune and log and see if they spot something obvious thats wrong somewhere. I've been working on this forever now and spent hours and hours researching with no luck. I've played with the timing all over. I've drilled the TB and got my IAC's all the way down to 30 in hot idle(230*F) and nothing seems to work. In P/N idle my RAF table runs great about 8.3-8.6 but the in gear doesn't seem to like anything I put in there. I did get Reverse to catch idle if I put the in gear values in the RAF table all the way up to 15 but doesn't hold when put in Drive plus I don't feel this is right. That's almost double of the P/N table!

Here's the setup:

2000 Silverado 1500
    6.0L LQ4
    LS3 heads
    Cam specs:
    .610 .623 lift
    223 239 duration @.050
    LSA: 114
    Whipple side mount supercharger
    LS9 Injectors
    Original 3 bolt TB drilled hole

If anyone can spot something obvious in the tune or give me some ideas to try as I've run out I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    looks like in log it gets real lean when you put into gear the map dropped and it leaned out!

Tuner in Training
    its showing 1.85 pounds air a minute in your tune i see 1.98 thats not bad off is it possible the converter is tight? this a automatic car?

Tuner in Training
    It's the stock converter in the 4l60e. I've tried different fueling all over. The map at normal P/N is about 54-55Kpa with good fueling. When I put it in Reverse and it does want to idle pretty well it shows about 65Kpa and about 5% rich when RAF table in gear is set to 14.00... But when I shift it to Drive it drops down to 80-90Kpa and wants to stall even with the fueling rich in that area.

Tuner in Training
    Also can someone confirm my injector data and offsets and everything to make sure its right? I'm just running out of ideas here