Thread: Another SRT4 Caliber success! 420 TQ 330 Hp

Tuner in Training

Another SRT4 Caliber success! 420 TQ 330 Hp

Brought in another Caliber to the Dyno - Injector E85, Catback ( still has cat converter )

This car pulled in the TQ 420 , but with the restrictive exhaust and what appears to be a failing fuel pump we couldn't run it out up top ( as you can see from the graph getting wavy up top ) and couldn't safely get any more safe power up top

Still having a lot of fun with these cars- Gonna do a big turbo one up coming. Its gonna be fun

SRT4 more power.png
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Awesome!

Tuner in Training
    Very nice! Are you guys purposely ramping in the boost and timing hard down low to crank out those torque numbers? I know on a lot of platforms guys like to bring it in a little softer to alleviate the trans and bottom end with all that low rpm load, not to mention the traction. A mix between the small turbo and larger displacement compared to most 4 cylinders will naturally want to have a big torque spike, just was curious if there was any consideration with a softer torque curve.

Tuner in Training
    I haven't got as much time to play as Id like total, but this stock turbo just seems to want to make less power up top. The boost is flat and only changes 1 PSI across the board- I can't say I'd call it purpose ramping, its a factory turbo performing as it does with given amount of gas/heat/ intake air. I really haven't played with timing down low much at all- If anything it could probably use more than Im giving it now. This car was fuel system limited- and we are looking to make some major changes to the car as a whole to get more mechanical saftey.

But straight up, if you want a faster SRT4-C the only mod the car needs is posi, all this other stuff is just for funzies.
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the reply. I definitely believe it doesn't want to hold up top. Mainly was just curious about the torque spike because I know a lot of the turbo cobalt guys used to make 440-450tq when they first started experimenting with E blends, and now you typically see them bring the boost in a little slower so the torque is a little flatter. I know for them it has kept their trans' together longer and provides a little more evenly distributed powerband. Not challenging you at all, was just asking Thanks for posting all your results though! My friend is anxious for some nice weather so we can get his Caliber on E85 and start playing with it a little. Sucks living in the north Midwest lol.