Thread: Dodge Challenger goes into limp mode after tune for supercharger

Dodge Challenger goes into limp mode after tune for supercharger

not sure what I missed...
    but after a tune, this car drives great for about 50 miles, then throws the lightning bolt on the dash...pedal goes limp...thing goes into a safety/limp mode...

guy actually went to the dealership....dealership says theres nothing wrong with the wiring or the sensors
    but it throws a crank circuit intermittent error code... P0339
    crank sensor has been replaced....TWICE...
    and so has the cam sensor for good measure because they share common voltage reference and ground

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2015-01-19 Dodge Challenger Orange Idle Edits.hpt
    Last edited by S2H; 02-19-2015 at 08:49 AM.
    -Scott -

Senior Tuner
    Hmm, usually when I have issues like that on supercharged Hemis, it's due to a TB Airflow correlation issue where TB airflow tables or changing the Phi diagnostic values is necessary. I've yet to see a crank circuit code due solely to tuning or supercharger install and I've done about a dozen. I'll take a look and see if something stands out though.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    I got nothing. Is this a Procharger?
    Jaime

yes...procharger...
    it might have had a diablo tune on it at one time...somebody else did the install.... we just did the tuning.

I'm fairly certain its a wiring issue somewhere, because the guy has had issues with the Throttle body as well(Hes replaced it twice)
    and we have seen P2122 and P2138

and I know the 5v refence is tied together somewhere in the harness for the TB and the crank
    I just dont know where that actual junction is so I can fix it as I think it might be the culprit
    -Scott -

Senior Tuner
    Certainly seems non-tune related. I've only had one other Procharged car give me issues and that was an 05 Magnum converted to 6.1 coils and engine. That car had a habit of burning out cam sensors for whatever reason. Replace cam and crank sensors, do relearn, car is good for months of hard driving. Codes come back, still running fine, replace, relearn, all good. This has happened about three times that I know of without any real reason as to why. Some speculate sensor quality issues, but who knows.

I hope you get it nailed down.
    Jaime