Thread: 2007 Grand Prix 3.8 3800: Anyone have information on tuning 2007 Grand or a BIN for?

Tuner in Training

Anyone try to scan a 07 GrandPrix 3800? I can read/write with 225, but cant scan 224

HP Tuners Does not support the 2007 yet, and I'm not quite sure when if anytime soon that they will add support for it.

Few Questions:

I've heard that you can swap the 2007 PCM for a 2004 or 2005 PCM, anyone have information on this?
    Anyone know If I can even change functionality of the Fuel gauge? is this even possible?
    Can i flash over the stock 2007 PCM with another older bin?

Does anyone have farther information on this? Is it possible to flash over my stock 2007 PCM with a 2005 BIN? And I've also heard that you lose functionality, ( runs backwards ) of the gas gauge, anyone have information on fixing or adjusting how the gas gauge would work?

* wanted to add in:
    I can read and write with HPT VCM 225 which is a wonderful step up.
    The problem sits at, I cannot scan using the 224 Scanner, and giving there is no release of 225, or even the 225 scanner BETA, I'm in need of searching a new route.

I have sent the VCM Suite Info over theo support thanks to bill, However I plan on doing some majoy mods including a mild cam, very soon, and scanning is a must.

Appreciate All.

Any good amount of information would be great,

thanks.
    Last edited by Jae30001; 03-01-2015 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Vital information

Did you try reading with 2.25?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, no luck. i was hoping that would help give some leads
    Last edited by Jae30001; 02-18-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I should of made that far more clear.

i can do a full read and write with 2.25 HPT. VCM. i can make changes and write them. Wonderful Step up from few years ago.

Now there is no 2.25 scanner, you still have to use 224. and i cannot scan, that is hwere my true issue lies. Not being able to scan my changes, cannot use the lovely histo's and graphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae30001 View Post

i can do a full read and write with 2.25 HPT. VCM. i can make changes and write them. Wonderful Step up from few years ago.

Now there is no 2.25 scanner, you still have to use 224. and i cannot scan, that is hwere my true issue lies. Not being able to scan my changes, cannot use the lovely histo's and graphs.
    Cool. You're doing this with the original 2007 PCM and in car?
    2.25 scanner should be out fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae30001 View Post

What is your OSID? You should be able to scan with 2.24.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Also don't forget that if you can read/write your file with the latest beta (2.25) this means that your file is also being added to an upcoming release of version 2.24 usually very soon. I believe this was talked about in a post last year. I don't know when the last time was that you downloaded the latest version of 2.24 which is only attainable on your customer homepage, versus downloading the latest 2.25, or how much of a pain in the but it might be for you to swap between the two, but it might be worth the try. Who knows, it may have even been added by now, if not just give 'em time. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 03-01-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nopps View Post
    Also don't forget that if you can read/write your file with the latest beta (2.25) this means that your file is also being added to an upcoming release of version 2.24 usually very soon. I believe this was talked about in a post last year. I don't know when the last time was that you downloaded the latest version of 2.24 which is only attainable on your customer homepage, versus downloading the latest 2.25, or how much of a pain in the but it might be for you to swap between the two, but it might be worth the try. Who knows, it may have even been added by now, if not just give 'em time. Fingers crossed.
    Unfortunately this will not be the case for this application. 2.24 is nearing its end of life given the upcoming release of 2.26 stable. While some definitions for existing applications are still added to 2.24, new applications are not.