Thread: 411 pcm possible issues?

Potential Tuner

411 pcm possible issues?

5.3 swap in my s10 using the factory 5 speed. 3 things seem to not be working correctly. I may have to try and swap the pcm out if I can't resolve this

Pcm is originally out of a v6 4.3 s-series truck. I have changed everything on the tune for the 5.3.

I have the ses light flashing at me only code is p0300.

Fans are running constantly which don't know why. As soon as the truck is started the fans run. Which i have fan table enabled and correct temps in.

Speedometer works. But if I floor it the speedo cuts out from wherever it reads and after slowing down to around 30 it comes back. It will repeat itself many times like that. I've babyed it around the block with flooring it and it stayed working for over 7 miles.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    My tuner friend says even though HPT will write an entire V8 tune into the V6 PCM, it will still only fire 6 cylinders. He uses Tunercat to make the changes.
    Maybe the HPT guys can help you?
    Otherwise you may have to get another PCM from a known V8 vehicle.

Ron

I have tried on several v6 PCM to do a write entire and load a 02 Camaro OS. Most of the time it results in weird errors or no starts. I use tunercat and do a write entire with a Camaro file and it solved the issues.
    AkNovaMan
    '99 Jaguar XJ8 turbocharged 6.0L 4L80e
    '99 B4C Police Camaro '96 9C1 Police Caprice

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the info guys.. ill try and copy it onto a v8 pcm and see what happens

Advanced Tuner
    Let us know how it goes.
    Aknovaman is my friend btw. I asked him to chime in

Senior Tuner
    I overwrite 0411 and 1 mb pcms that came with 4.3 tunes all the time, never had an issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    My tuner friend says even though HPT will write an entire V8 tune into the V6 PCM, it will still only fire 6 cylinders. He uses Tunercat to make the changes.
    Maybe the HPT guys can help you?
    Otherwise you may have to get another PCM from a known V8 vehicle.

Ron
    incorrect, the delphi pcm has 8 drivers, you can do a write entire to a v6 pcm with a v8 OS.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    incorrect, the delphi pcm has 8 drivers, you can do a write entire to a v6 pcm with a v8 OS.
    what do you mean by with the v8 opersting system?

Advanced Tuner
    Was going by what aknovaman told me. That's all. Perhaps I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogs00S10 View Post
    what do you mean by with the v8 opersting system?
    pretty much open up a v8 operating system from a 4.8,5.3,6.0 truck and then delete the VATS, and do a "write entire" on your pcm, after that, it will have a v8 operating system with the adequate firing order, injector phasing, Etc.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    pretty much open up a v8 operating system from a 4.8,5.3,6.0 truck and then delete the VATS, and do a "write entire" on your pcm, after that, it will have a v8 operating system with the adequate firing order, injector phasing, Etc.
    ah yes.. that is exactly how i started the tune out..