Thread: Help with 0411 swap

Potential Tuner

Help with 0411 swap

I have a 96 454 that im doing a 0411 swap and I was told to start with a 2002 express van calibration. Does this mean that I have to buy the 2 extra credits to load that tune on to this computer. I already licensed this computer which was out of 2001 Yukon. I have another spare computer is there a way to license that computer with the express calibration. Thank you in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Download the file you need and compare it to your current file. You can adjust your current file while comparing it, just copy what you need from the express van. I think the main thing you need to copy is the Fuel>General>Injector Bank Select

Tuner in Training
    Click the Compare Tab then Open compare file (express van)

Potential Tuner
    compare, show differences make equal. theres a couple files floating around here with guys running same setup.

Potential Tuner
    I did all the comparing files and copied them to my tune the problem is the operating system is different between my 2001 pcm and the 2002 express van I need. I get the truck to act like it wants to start but barely

Potential Tuner
    I am so unbelievably giddy that I found this thread, and that it's so recent. I am in the early stages (like, I don't have an engine or a PCM or the hptuners kit yet) of this exact project. I want to run a 1996 Vortec 454 off a 411 PCM and tune with the hptuners kit. I'd rather not lay out all of the money for the hptuners if I don't know that it will work for this. I sent the following email in to the tech support page and received a pretty quick rebuke that they don't provide any of this type of support... which is tough to hear, because I feel like I'm asking questions which will influence whether I buy the product... and not super hard, specific questions for a tech support line. I wasn't thrilled with the "we don't provide support unless you buy the product, and we don't hand out free advice after you buy the product" answer... but even finding one other person in the world doing this exact task made up for it.

Unfortunately we do not perform any in house tuning or calibration work. If you already own our product and are looking For free tuning advice please visit our user help forum at www.hptuners.com/forum

Thanks,
    William Henn
    HP Tuners LLC.
    www.hptuners.com

Note: Please reply with a copy of the original message. Failure to do so may result in your question not being answered. If you are an existing customer, please include your serial # in your e-mail. This communication, and any files attached, contains confidential information that may be privileged.
    The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed.

Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 12:49 PM
    To: Support
    Subject: HPTuners.com Support Contact Request - 23808
    Importance: High

Someone has requested to be contacted via the Contact Us page on www.hptuners.com

How did you hear about us: Forum

Details: I'm hoping to purchase and use HPTuners to program a Chevrolet Express Van PCM to run a 1996 Vortec 7400. I think I've done all the research I can without purchasing the product (Downloading the VCM editor and playing around with a stock van tune) but I think I need a better walkthrough of how to proceed. I've stalled at two points... 1. In the "Engine" "General" for the van config file, I have eight engine types... none of which are the engine I intend to use. I assume this is because it was never offered in the van. Are these just shortcuts to engine parameters, and if I override the cylinder volume and have the firing order correct this shouldn't be a snag? no idea... 2. I'm going to be running a "manual" transmission (actually a 700r4 with a manual valve body... but I don't think the engine will know the difference) unfortunately there was no manual transmission available on the van either... How do I unlock custom options like this that were never part of the default tune?
    Last edited by hubcapboy; 02-19-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Potential Tuner
    found the answer I had to use 2 credits to buy the tune in the repository for the 2002 express van. Tuning has been kind of difficult since I have no baseline to start from. Anyone know what kind of timing these 454s like to have at peak torque