Thread: Freaky cruise control gremlin

Tuner in Training

Freaky cruise control gremlin

I need to post this up before all my hair is gone. 08 gt500, forged, ported, cams, kenne bell, 4r70w with manual valve body. The cruise doesn't work. Now here's where it gets tricky. The light comes on and as long as your foot is on the throttle the cruise light stays on. As soon as the computer needs to accelerate to maintain speed the light kicks off. If I lock the torque converter the cruise works fine so it looks like the problem is the stall in the converter. Does anybody know how to make the computer ignore the rpm/mph correlation? The computer is fbmmo9c (5.4sc, manual).

Quote Originally Posted by ivmotorsports View Post
    I need to post this up before all my hair is gone. 08 gt500, forged, ported, cams, kenne bell, 4r70w with manual valve body. The cruise doesn't work. Now here's where it gets tricky. The light comes on and as long as your foot is on the throttle the cruise light stays on. As soon as the computer needs to accelerate to maintain speed the light kicks off. If I lock the torque converter the cruise works fine so it looks like the problem is the stall in the converter. Does anybody know how to make the computer ignore the rpm/mph correlation? The computer is fbmmo9c (5.4sc, manual).
    Email support, and I will take a look. There is probably a parameter that needs to be added.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC