Thread: My tune and log file

Potential Tuner

My tune and log file

Hello Everyone,

I've recently been doing incremental changes to my tune using HP Tuners. I also installed a WB O2 sensor, but I have a few questions.

Is my O2 sensor showing the ~actual~ air / fuel ratio? I'm not sure if there's some interpolation that I have to do, or if its showing the actual ratio.

During the run (log file attached) I did a couple of 0-60 mph and 0-100 mph runs; (starting at the 12:57 point in the timeline)given my mods, what are your thoughts regarding the performance?

I've also noticed some "burbling" during coast-down from speed. What I mean is that under certain conditions, when I let off of the throttle, I get that gentle "popping / burbling" in the exhaust pipe. I'm thinking that this is a rich condition where the un-burned fuel is actually burning in the headers. Not only is this (probably hurting performance, but I'm sure that its no good for the fuel economy, as well.)

I've got a '98 Coupe, LS1

My pertinent mods are:
    LS6 intake
    Kooks 1 3/4 LT headers, X pipe, and axle-back
    3400 stall TQ converter
    My tires are Sumitomo HTR's (I know, I know....they're cheap, which is great because my 9 yr old son LOVES burnouts and donuts!)

I'm curious to hear comments / suggestions regarding my questions and my tune file.

Thanks in advance!
    KoreaJon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Just from the datalog, you might want to take a look at your histogram #'s 2 and 3. You've got some decent spark knock - Could be false or real due to knock settings or multipliers. Either way needs to be addressed. I would recommend taking the timing out and seeing if it goes away. If it does, it's most likely real and needs to be addressed. Headers do typically make the "knock" felt or picked up by sensors more sensitive. As for #3, just looks like you need to tune in your VE table a little better. This will help the knock issue too.

Popping on decel can be fixed by adding around 10 degrees of timing to your decel timing chart and by allowing dfco to come in a little sooner. Recommend changing one thing at a time and seeing what effects what.

As for your sensor showing actual A/F. If you have a display on the sensor and it's a decent sensor, it should be correct. At that point all you have to do is set your datalogger up in correspondance. Recommend tuning basics at top - how to set up wideband.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Looks like your wideband is reading a bit lean , improper configuration in scanner most likely. What brand is it?

Popping on decel is probably just your DFCO being on , when I turn it off my car stops popping on decel.

Try this for your spark table as a good starting point to work from and avoid knock. If it still knocks you've got something else going on , prob false vibration somewhere:

Spark table.xlsx
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.