Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lean Condition and High Idle in Swap Vehicle

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nkautz View Post
    Ok,put your IFR back at all 52's and change the tables in the spreadsheet I've attached. You should be able to copy and paste everything:

I still think your wideband has it's head up it's ass, it hasn't budged since your first log.

Attachment 48832
    Thanks for putting the time into that. I went through and made all of the changes to my SD tune, but the engine will barely start, and if it does, it runs for just a few seconds. It's also very rich. I might have fouled a few more plugs. I'm pulling the injectors out now, and I'm going to try to identify them. I've got the injector data from Five-O, but I'd like to see how other people have configured them, and I have no idea what model injectors they are. While they're out, I'm going to throw them in my buddy's sonic cleaner for good measure.
    I've attached the tune and log from today as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Holy poop on a stick! In your log I'm seeing 40 pulsewidth while cranking , and that's with the settings I gave you I took 50% out of your ve. Unbelievable. Cranking PW should be 3 or 4, if I'm not mistaken. I forgot to mention to ignore my spark tables because my tune has been scaled by 1/2 since my airflow is so high. I had to 1/2 the IFR/VE/Spark and a few other tables , it's a trick to avoid exceeding max Cyl Air but it doesn't apply until you're exceeding 600whp at WOT. Although the shape of my spark tables are great for boost , my particular values aren't going to work well in a car that's hasn't been scaled 1/2. But regardless, that's not the problem your having.

What PCM are you using, from what vehicle? I would figure that out , then download the stock tune for that PCM from the repository and make only the minimum necessary changes , like IFR 52, 2 bar SD , maf disable. And give that shot, see what happens. If you're still getting ridiculous cranking Pulsewidths than something is way f*cked.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

Tuner
    Here's a stock 2003 Silverado 6.0L tune ... load it as a compare and copy the all the Cranking Fuel values over to your tune.. There are some big differences there. Also take the Cranking VE Primary. Put Dynamic Air Flow -> High RPM Disable back to 4000. Also in your log is showing your IAC position is 310 and desired is 180.

Just noticed your commanded AFR is 7.71 at cranking!!!! that should be like 12 or 13. wtf. Use the Open Loop EQ ratio from this tune as well. And copy the P/N Drive enrichment tables.

We need to get your commanded AFR up2352548785.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Made all of the prescribed changes, and I'm still seeing min. 8 max 56 pulsewidth while cranking. It's still pig-rich too. I've fouled another few plugs. I changed my spark tables to fit a vehicle similar to mine in the repository. Also still seeing really low commanded AFR. It climbs if the engine tries to run.

I'm running the original PCM from the truck. Not entirely sure what the model is, but it's the one with the blue/green connectors.

Still no clue with what's going on with my wideband. I've checked it a million times. PLX tech support hasn't replied to my email. I'll call them on Monday.

I've attached the tune and log, but it's pretty much more of the same. I'm going to keep reading and see if I can find anything obvious.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    What make/model/year truck was the PCM from?

Tuner in Training
    2003 Silverado SS. I originally purchased the engine, harness, and PCM from the same salvage yard, and I've used this powertrain in another swap vehicle before, if any of that matters.

Also a note on IAC position: I'm using am 87mm DBW truck throttle body which doesn't have an IAC. That figure won't change.

Tuner
    Ahhhh now we're talking. You've converted to DBW, that changes things a bit. Torque management -> General ETC limits -> ETC TPS MAX -> Set all to 100 ETC INJECTOR DISABLE -> All 255's ETC POWER HOP -> All 255s. Under Fuel -> General copy all my settings from Cranking Fuel and all the settings from P/N Drive Enrichment. Set your PE delay to 2000rpm , in case PE is somehow taking place during cranking. On in DTC's set P0101 , P0102 , P0103 to "2- No Mil Light" and uncheck SES enable.

I wish one of the experts would chime in on the situation.

METH Tune.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Still getting the same stuff after making the above changes. It looks like while cranking I'm commanding as low as 2.9afr which appears to result in pulsewidths as high as 46.8 or higher.

Also, I didn't convert to DBW. LQ9s have been available with both DBW and DBC. I bought this engine with all accessories including TB, DBW pedal, TAC Module, etc.

This thing is really chapping my ass. I'm going to try to do a bunch of reading tonight.

Tuner
    I'm at a loss at this point. Sorry

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nkautz View Post
    I'm at a loss at this point. Sorry
    I really appreciate your help. At least, now, I've got some some hard issues to resolve. That's a lot more than I could have said a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to ease up on the engine issue for a little bit. This has put me way behind on the truck as a whole. I'm thinking about just getting the truck to the point where I can tow it to someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe not. We'll see. I still need to get confirmation from Five-O on those injectors.

I'm going to work the ls1tech diagnostics forum a little harder too. It looks like that place gets a little more traffic than this place.

Still, if anyone else has any input, I'm happy to hear it.

Thanks again, nkautz.

Tuner
    You're welcome , good luck man.

Tuner in Training
    Alright, so I've figured out that my 52lb @ 43psi Five-O Motorsport injectors are just stock 8.1L injectors that they've modified. They're 30lbs/hr at 43psi stock, and now they're 52 at 43.

With that knowledge, can I just plug in the offset vs. volts vs vac, min pulse, short pulse adder, and short pulse limit from a stock 8.1 tune file and expect it to be accurate?

Tuner
    I would use my injector data (minus the flow rate). It's basically stock 2001 z06 data with slightly modified pulsewidths. I've tuned 5 sets of different size injectors with that same data. You could use stock 8.1L data but mine is "smoother", mainly the short pulse adder. You may also want to have a look at my Cylinder Charge Bias and Filter to see what I changed there. It helps the fueling to be consistent under varying IAT's , loads.

Meth Kill Tune.hpt