Thread: Colorado I5 Help

Potential Tuner

Colorado I5 Help

I am new to the HP world. I have a Colorado I5 and I4 with Rough idle and service light is own. I have tried serveral different adjustments with no sucess. Can someone help me with service codes or geting ride of them altogether. I am just lost and out of time. I am in N.C. 252-883-7770 Thanks Michael

Tuner in Training
    Have you pulled your throttle body completely off and cleaned it? That is the normal culprit to a rough idle on those trucks. I would start with that before trying to tune it out.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    I am new to the HP world. I have a Colorado I5 and I4 with Rough idle and service light is own. I have tried serveral different adjustments with no sucess. Can someone help me with service codes or geting ride of them altogether. I am just lost and out of time. I am in N.C. 252-883-7770 Thanks Michael
    I have replaced all 5 injectors, plugs, exaust manafold. The truck ran fine for 2 weeks. Now it has gotten worst. This moring it is 29 and the truck starts then starts skipping realy bad and shuts off. It will not stay started. It use to do this then level out in about 20 sec.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHD View Post
    Have you pulled your throttle body completely off and cleaned it? ....
    have you done this yet?

those trucks are extremely prone to valve seat issues in the head! So much so that i store the special tools in my bay. Also do not overlook the reman head being just as bad as a bad head. cylinder leakage measurements are the indicator. cleaning the tb helps keep the idle up and out of the misfire zone.......but it's just a temp fix to the real issue. i am assuming more fuel and higher idle would mask it further