Thread: o2 sensor location help New turbo build

Tuner in Training

o2 sensor location help New turbo build

Alright guys I need some help. This is a common setup on a corvette. Basically the passenger side manifold dumps into the bottom of the drivers side and then flows to the turbo. I attached a picture to show the passengers side manifold. I can install the drivers side o2 in the stock location but what would be best for the drivers side? If I throw it in the down pipe I'm afraid it will "chase" behind the drivers side. I could throw them both in the down pipe so they would read the same but not sure if that's the best choice. Let me know what everyone thinks. Also the wastegate is off of the passenger side manifold to control this boost. It works fine just not sure how to setup the o2s. Thanks for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've had this same question.....till my turbo kit for my truck showed up. It has the drivers side in the stock position, and then the passenger side on the down pipe (opposite setup from yours). When i first got the kit i was surprised that was how they did it. But it got me thinking.....and the theory i have come to w/out testing it yet is: That the stock position o2 should be able to respond fast enough to trim out the one side. By the time the combined exhaust meets the down pipe o2 sensor, the only significant error should be what's left from the downpipe manifold, in which that o2 sensor should then correct that side. I'm assuming it works since they have sold a lot of these kits without any complaints. I myself have not proved it yet, but i'm betting it work just fine. And PS, if your the one fabbing that manifold in the pic......killer work, i might have to hit you up for some advice when i build the turbo setup for my LS'd '85.