Thread: Injector Offset vs. Volts vs. Vacuum - odd ball injectors

Tuner in Training

Injector Offset vs. Volts vs. Vacuum - odd ball injectors

Alright I do own the Banish dvd's and spreadsheets. Most battery offsets are not as detailed as this GM ecm table. Higher end injector companies such as Injector Dynamics already has this data mapped out and is very nice. But what about older injectors, or several different brands and types. How would you set this table up accordingly to an older set of Precision's or Rc's or even an unknown brand of injector a customer has in their vehicle.

This table seems straight forward as its the same numbers in the battery column all the way across KPA.

But we know these change and if you look at Banish's you can see the difference.

Is this something im looking to much into, could we use the data from a old set of injectors and post it across like in the factory table posted above?

With Gregs data, you need to copy in the 0 and 10 kPa columns and then interpolate across to fill in the 5 kPa column. Then the 20 column and interpolate across from 10 to 20 to fill in the 15....etc. He explains that in the DVD.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    The first example you show is typical for a vacuum referenced FP regulator with a return line to the tank. The second example is typical for a fixed pressure return-less fuel system.

Tuner
    I've successfully tuned 46lb to 80lb injectors using the stock offset and adder tables... no changes. Only change is to the IFR. Minimum pulsewidth and transient min milligrams sometimes need adjustment if it won't go lean enough at idle or if there is other unexplained weirdness in fueling... It's usually min pulsewidth stuff
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    With Gregs data, you need to copy in the 0 and 10 kPa columns and then interpolate across to fill in the 5 kPa column. Then the 20 column and interpolate across from 10 to 20 to fill in the 15....etc. He explains that in the DVD.

Ed M
    I have watched the DVD's and i understand that. I don't think you understand what im asking about cause that answer doesnt match my question.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    The first example you show is typical for a vacuum referenced FP regulator with a return line to the tank. The second example is typical for a fixed pressure return-less fuel system.
    OK that makes good sense. But if i have a fixed pressure and older injector how should i populate this table correctly then?

Quote Originally Posted by nkautz View Post
    I've successfully tuned 46lb to 80lb injectors using the stock offset and adder tables... no changes. Only change is to the IFR. Minimum pulsewidth and transient min milligrams sometimes need adjustment if it won't go lean enough at idle or if there is other unexplained weirdness in fueling... It's usually min pulsewidth stuff
    So keep the stock battery offsets int he OS and just adjust the IFR table its that simple?

Sorry, guess not.......

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    So keep the stock battery offsets int he OS and just adjust the IFR table its that simple?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Use stock offset , stock short pulse adder. Just adjust IFR and min pw if need be. If you are using a referenced FPR , you can enter the same value across the board in the IFR table. Once ve/maf are close , if the car won't go lean enough at idle or decel , reduce the min pulsewidth. If afr doesn't respond to reducing min PW then transient min fuel milligrams needs to be reduced. If afr is bouncing around in steady state light load throttle or going super lean on decel with DFCO off, then min pw is too low , needs to be increased.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.