Thread: PCM hardware for fans

Potential Tuner

PCM hardware for fans

Does anybody know where there could possibly be a list/info on what PCM service #'s and/or hardware numbers and what they contain? (ie efan control, DBW/DBC drivers, ect...) I am trying to figure out what PCM I could incorporate to run electric fans on 2001 year 5.3L setup. Im not sure if you can change a PCM that wasn't originally setup for e-fan (early pickups) to operate one. I have changed settings in my PCM fan on/off temps but am not getting any relay control from the PCM.

Thanks in advance!

Tuner in Training
    I am running an early truck pcm on my 5.3 (99-00) and I was able to change the settings over for electric fans without any issue. Are you positive you have the fan relay wired correctly? The pcm grounds the fan trigger.

Senior Tuner
    01 5.3L should be using a 0411 pcm that can control e-fans. There is more to change than just the turn on/off temps though.

Here is my tune from my 92 gmc with a 2001 5.3 in it. This tune works the electric fans with relays just fine. Do your fans work if you turn them on off in the vcm controls?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2015 Corvette Convertible
    1992 GMC with 5.3 LM7
    Factory Five Roadster LS1 Tremec TKO

Potential Tuner
    Got it working! I had a bad PCM which was causing the issue. The fan control wire itself was getting very hot (not connected to anything) and once I swapped the PCM out and used jcrumpley's file and its working great. I put my flash back into it and all good.

Thanks everybody! Greatly appreciated!