Thread: P/N switch not working properly

Tuner in Training

P/N switch not working properly

I realized I posted this in the wrong section...maybe I can get some answers in here

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...rking-properly

Tuner in Training
    UPDATE
    I tried a few more things (another segment swap, trying different configurations) to no avail. I did notice something very strange though, while testing the P/N functionality I cranked the idle up to 1000rpm for p/n so it would be an easy validation. Well while pin 34 was grounded I started it up and it idled right at 1000rpm...I then unhooked the ground to see if it would drop to the 700-775 rpm I had for the "in gear" idle speed, it stayed at 1000. The scanner never showed any change in trans gear status either, it was stuck at 1.
    So now I am even more confused, if the P/N switch was working properly it should've toggled between the commanded idle speed modes and shown up in the scanner. Why was it running off the P/N idle speeds when it never sensed it was in P/N?
    I also attached my tune and log file. Hopefully someone can help me out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Nobody has had this issue?

I have the exact same situation with a 4L60e. Did a segment swap and can't get the PCM to work with the neutral safety switch as it will start in any gear. I have tried everything I know (which isn't much!!) I can tell you my switch is working properly and it is grounded properly. My switch is on the shifter, but it's same principal as the column mount. I have DTC for P/N switch on and the PRNDL off.