Thread: Long term fuel trims logs? What are they are they necessay Will it fix it?

Potential Tuner

Long term fuel trims logs? What are they are they necessay Will it fix it?

The car runs flawless after its flashed, dynoes, test drives perfect... I don't have a time frame of how long it runs good sometimes 3 hrs or 3 days but when it messes up it shows these signs.

Something commands the ID850s to go to 100 duty, which at 4000 rpm to 7000 rpm it feels like the rev limiter hits and you can hear it stumbling. And you can see the black smoke from being way to rich.
    Nothing in the log would suggest it need 100% injectors, when it running good it uses 73 %

I suppose if you shifted at 4000 at WOT you never feel a problem, and you can make it pass that RPM with 3/4 or less throttle.

It doesn't seem to do it when the car is cold or driven less than 5 min but I don't like to try to see if it does when its cold.

Everything looks perfecto in HP tuners Spark, Fuel, O2s IATs, all good.

the only thing we can see in HPT when it acts up is:

logged the O2s look lazy, and 100% injectors are called for earlier they were completely dead but don't know what the tuner meant by that.

Question: What would kill injectors? RICH, Exhaust leak? Been replaced so not dead just act lazy when car Messes up!

Also sometimes you can feel a tad of hesitation and the LOG shows the TB slow to react a new foot pedal seem to fix that, but I did notice it was back or starts to happen shortly before it needs to be re-flashed so you can go WOT passed 4000rpm When the TB is slow its not very noticeable unless you are driving and you are controlling it, I can live with that. Kind feels like slight belt slipage (could be) but dyno didn't show any.

We have changed the Comp, Main Harness, Map, O2, TB, Foot pedal, Maf. We got a brand new Comp with stock tune then tuned it from totally scratch so no old files would be carried over!

All the parts seemed to have solved one problem or another but this problem has us stumped!

myself and another have looked on the lift, there are no leaks on the heads to headers, there is barely a leak on the clamps that come with the KOOKs but, I have seen A milion times worse and never seen this problem.

Questions:

1. Would small or big exhaust leak do this?
    2. Why after a reflash the same program that run perfect on a dyno and for hours to days fix the problem?
    3. I want to solve problem but what if long terms are turned off?
    4. How do I attack it NOW?

PS Since it has a new GD harness, all grounded wires accounted for! LOL

I'm posting this in hopes that someone else has had this problem and I can start enjoying that 800 car payment again! Cause right now a fire or trading it down the block looks very good! LOL

Senior Tuner
    Don't post the same exact thing twice in two different forums with two different subjects. How can you expect to have an intelligent back and forth with members of the forum who may be willing to help if you're asking for half of the responses to be in one place and half in another??? http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...664#post371664
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Maybe I missed it.

POST A LOG

POST YOUR TUNE

Oh, and what are you even tuning? I don't think you mentioned the vehicle/engine at all, other than the high car payment