Thread: Trans Type

Tuner in Training

Trans Type

What exactly does the trans type do? By selecting say manual trans, does that eliminate the pcm from running sections of code for the auto trans stuff?

Senior Tuner
    If you're putting a manual trans in place of an auto, the easiest solution in many cases is to just disable the diagnostic codes for the automatic (set them all to no error reported and uncheck their boxes). Then just re-calibrate the speedometer if the transmission has a different amount of pulses per revolution of the output shaft.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    I am actually going the other way...manual to 700R4. I have already segment swapped it to auto (60E) but I was just trying to better understand the trans type. What would the difference be between 60E and non electric auto?

Senior Tuner
    Are you going to run with a lockup converter? I'm not sure what the best way to skin that cat would be...you can probably run an actual 60E file (not just changing that one setting, but running a segment swap), and then use the PCM to lock the converter, and disable all the codes for the shift solenoids and pressure stuff that just aren't there...I think it'll work, but I'm not 100% certain.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Its worth a shot on the TCC stuff, but I can't even get the damn thing to read p/n. I just tried some other things and no luck. Grounding both pins 32 & 34 didn't even work. I am about to just give up on it. I wouldn't think this would be such a PITA! I searched all over the web and I can't find anyone with the same issues. I am wondering if the segment swap isn't working right. I need to find another program with the same OS ID (9381344) and retry the segment swap.