Thread: TH400 speedo using ABS Sensor

Potential Tuner

TH400 speedo using ABS Sensor

I threw a th400 in my 2000 Camaro (A4 Computer). I found a write up that said you could just unplug your ABS and tap into that instead of having a VSS installed on the tailshaft. While I do want to eventually have an actual VSS, for now I tapped into the VSS. I was wondering if anyone knew what I needed to put in as the gear ratio or whatever I need to do to get my speedo to reflect accurately. right now it shows me going like 18 when im going about 65. I know this can be done because my old tuner adjusted it correctly, I changed setups and had my car retuned, the new tuner didn't know how to adjust it correctly and I am unable to reach my old tuner. I just got my HPtuners today so I am fairly new to it. Thanks for the help!

not hard to do. Best thing to do is get a piece of paper and write down: how many vss pulses per tire rev (if you can see the reluctor wheel on the wheel count the keys), how many tire rev's per mile (based on tire circumference), what your axle gear ratio is. If you can get that info and post your tune we can help you out.
    Last edited by Ranger6202; 01-26-2015 at 09:53 PM.

To do F-Body front abs sensor use 47 for the pulse per rev and 1.0 for the gear ratio. Make sure your calced tire size dosen't get out of whack with your entered tire size. Most calibrations have it out of whack from the factory. Easiest way is just to enter all the data manual like this. The following setup is for a 25 inch tall front tire using the front abs. After you enter the data leave the speedo tab and go back in. When you go to the "gear / tire calc" section they should match. Then you can just change the tire size to what you really have like you normally would.

Pulse per Mile: 37914
    Pulse per rev: 47
    Ratio: 1.0
    Trans output rev per mile: 806.77

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys, I'll try this out Friday and get back to you!