Thread: ETC Speed

ETC Speed

Anyone know how to get the throttle plate to open and close faster with input from the pedal or just increase responsiveness in general?

Driver demand is fine for demanding more power per pedal % but I am talking about getting it to act like a carburated cable throttle with a heavy spring...... I want it to rip open and slam shut....it seems rather lazy as is.

or is it impossible?

Tuner
    I've had the same issue they have such a late reaction from 40 mph and up u floor it and then like 2 seconds layer they take off lol
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

I mainly want to get it to snap shut rather than a lazy torque managed slow return to idle speed.

Advanced Tuner
    In for info as well

Tuning Addict
    Haven't tried it on a genv, but what I've been doing is a couple of things with great results as far as it opening up goes. First, you can make your TB etc scaler smaller in the tune by say "X" amount (this greatly increases the opening rate if done correctly-also has "other" unforseen great side effects that I won't get into that you may notice-why I'm able to make a lot of extra power without sacrificing in other customer desired areas). WARNING - this only applies to stock TB sizes and setups due to their lack of airflow. If ported or AM don't recommend trying... Secondly, if you don't or haven't been, you really need to get your Torque limits "correctly" programmed in each gear by going off of your actual output torque on the dyno while making pulls in every gear. Then use whatever equation you come up with to get your engine torque output limits instead of just maxing out all of the values like most do. This helps with driveability, trans shifting, TB actuation and so on. As for the closing, I don't remember what number it is you have to change, but if I remember correctly (which I'm going off of what it's called in sct right now - sorry, haven't messed with it in hp yet) it's a MAF in all gears limit or base limit or something like that, that will cause the TB to close slowly or slam shut. Typically you don't wont it to slam shut as it has the ability to cause other problems.

Hope this helps. Like I said, I haven't tried any of this on the genv's yet. Let us know how it goes...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC