Thread: Data Logging need advice on SC tune

Data Logging need advice on SC tune

I have a SD tune set up in my C6 LS2, it has a Novi 1500 with one Methanol Injection Nozzle, spray comes on at 4psi and max spray all the way through the boost range. Attached is a tune and scan file of about 30 min with 3 pulls. I keep getting slighty rich AFR's in the mid range of boost, when I try to correct for this it sometimes over corrects and then starts going lean. I'd rather be on the rich side... Any advice? I do notice in third and forth gear (only pulls on this log) it does seem like it slows a bit and then goes again like it wants to go but can't this happens around 5k and it shows no spark retard but does show a rich condition. 1st and 2nd pulls are hard to measure but when it does hook it pulls hard. Thanks for your help in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Chris

Advanced Tuner
    The problem is most likely related to the methanol flow characteristics. i.e. Non progressive flow.
    It flows too much in that mid range area.

You can raise the turn-on point, or take fuel out of the tune. However be aware that taking fuel out of the tune can cause undesirable lean conditions in other gears because the time it takes the methanol pump to kit max pressure vs. the time it takes to reach that same rpm/maf flow range in each gear.

Thats is exactly what I experienced, if I mess with it too much first and second get affected. This is an Alky Control kit with the progressive selector knob. I have it set all the way up. There are also setting inside the box you can adjust I think....

Advanced Tuner
    Ah, Julio is a great guy to deal with, but I find that unless you run one of his systems that packages EVERYTHING up front rather than pump/tank in the rear you will get inconsistent delayed onset of methanol flow. Just has to do with the long line from front to rear.

For the box setting try adjusting the turn-on point as low as possible with a lower initial setting. Makes the pump kick on sooner and with lower pump speed. Just be careful with the turn on point or you will get it turning on when cranking.

I've been fighting with one of these systems in a 10 Camaro for some time now.
    Last edited by PST; 01-26-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Agreed! Great customer service too! My pump is mounted on the frame right behind the front wheel well. I dont have the delay. I guess the way these pumps run with a stock ecm you will always get leaner low gear readings when tuning for forth.