Thread: LNF Blow Thru MAF Setup

Advanced Tuner

LNF Blow Thru MAF Setup

Hey, I just converted my LNF to blow thru MAF. The MAF is now located on the outlet of the intercooler before throttle body, after boost pressure sensor. I am in the process of tuning the car now and right after doing the relocation. I am getting a P0101 code and cuts boost to like 2 or 3 psi. It was boosting fine in Speed Density, while I was waiting to get my setup for the blow thru MAF. And if I unplug the MAF like it is now. It will boost but as soon as I plug it back in, throws the code and only boost like 3 psi. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I am really ready to get it going 100%.

Thank you

Have you logged it to see if it is registering the MAF output?
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, it is registering.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you make adjustments for the MAF being in a different size tube?

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry I should have posted back up here, I solved my problem. It was just that my MAF Calibration was just to far off. It is all good now. I was thinking it was going to be something wrong with my charge pipe. Cause I fabricated the charge pipe myself and it actually turned out really nicely its running real good right now. I currently have in 28psi, 93 octane. Pulling real nice. Thank you for the help and advice.

Advanced Tuner
    Have any pics? And how did you extend the wiring on the MAF connector? I will be doing mine soon and looking for ideas. Glad you got it fixed!

Advanced Tuner
    I actually didn't need to extend the harness, I just cut back the tape and wire loom and pulled the slack that it had in the harness and taped and wire loomed it all back up to look factory.

Advanced Tuner
    You have a Cobalt? Did you put it in the hot side intercooler pipe or the cold side?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, Cobalt. I put it in cold side. I have Hahn piping and intercooler kit. And took the cold pipe from intercooler to throttle body and welded in my own 3" pipe with MAF bung into the 2.5" Hahn cold pipe. My MAF is right after the boost pressure sensor on my cold pipe. So no worries about any kind of unmetered air entering the motor in less I blow a coupler from the throttle body.

Advanced Tuner
    Cool, that's what I was thinking I would do. Wondering if I have to put the 3" section in, though...

Advanced Tuner
    I have heard that you need it to be in a 3" pipe.

Tuner in Training
    It needs to be in a 3" pipe.

Tuner
    having a similar issue, did a relocate......the car sets a p0100 and maf readings do not move.....stays at around 86 lb/min.....how did you get around it so it will at least not set that code and I can tune it

Advanced Tuner
    Well on my setup, when I first started on the tune after installed the MAF between outlet of intercooler and throttle body, I had to remove alot from the MAF Calibration. But I got it close until the fuel trims start to actually control to proper AFR. Then dialed in the MAF Calibration. I am not sure if you fabricated your own pipe or if you purchased a premade pipe from one of the store that sell them, but if you fabricated. Make sure MAF is not install facing the wrong direction, and then double check wiring is fine going to and from the MAF. If all those are okay, and it just started the code after going to blow thru and it wasn't throwing the code before(make sure MAF is good). Then you will need to adjust the tune until it gets close enough for it to control itself and then you can start dialing it in.