Thread: unable to open tune file

unable to open tune file

My buddy just sent me a tune file to check out. I tried to open it with my HPtuners and got an error message that read "unable to open file. file was created using a newer version of the software." I updated my version from my account this morning but im still getting the same message. Im currently on 2.24. is that the most current release or is it possible he used 2.25 beta?

Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    My buddy just sent me a tune file to check out. I tried to open it with my HPtuners and got an error message that read "unable to open file. file was created using a newer version of the software." I updated my version from my account this morning but im still getting the same message. Im currently on 2.24. is that the most current release or is it possible he used 2.25 beta?
    Yeah, he used 2.25 beta to create the file. If you need access to 2.25, email support requesting access, include your MPVI serial number and support will add it to your customer page to download.

great, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah, he used 2.25 beta to create the file. If you need access to 2.25, email support requesting access, include your MPVI serial number and support will add it to your customer page to download.
    So is it okay to request the 2.25 version? I mean is it stable without any issues, or should I wait for a stable release? Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperoid View Post
    So is it okay to request the 2.25 version? I mean is it stable without any issues, or should I wait for a stable release? Thanks
    The 2.25 is currently in a Beta state. Meaning that it may have bugs and cause undesired actions. However, with that said, there are plenty of people using it without any issues.

I would encourage anyone to download and use the BETA as there are no Major bugs at this time.

Cheers,
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattH@HPTuners View Post
    The 2.25 is currently in a Beta state. Meaning that it may have bugs and cause undesired actions. However, with that said, there are plenty of people using it without any issues.

I would encourage anyone to download and use the BETA as there are no Major bugs at this time.

Cheers,
    -Matt
    Sounds good.

So when will it be officially released if I was to wait?

Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperoid View Post
    Sounds good.

So when will it be officially released if I was to wait?

Thanks
    I cant comment on the official release. However, the BETA could be considered GM

-Matt