Thread: LNF Tuning

Potential Tuner

LNF Tuning

I am new to this type of tuning and need some information on how to program.
    Can the competition button be used to turn on a tune with HPtuners? I can not find any info on the forum.

Tuner
    The tune that has different performance controlled by the traction control button (or cruise control button) is the trifecta tune, NOT HPtuners.
    I never had a trifecta tune, therefore I cannot add any more information, you could search through the CobaltSS.net, there are endless number of threads where unnecessarily biased people give their opinion on trifecta tunes, or any other tunes. You got a LOT of researching to do.
    To answer you question: No, HPTuners cannot be tuned so that it only performs differently when you push some button.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    trifecta used that button when they launched their tunes in like late 09...i dont know if its still being used.
    hptuners can be used to tailor a tune specifically to you making the need for that button quite useless. the only reason i turned mine off was to disable driving aids (didnt want abs activating) and activate my no lift shift option.

other opinions on trifecta tune quality are listed in this forum so you can weight your options. if you want to learn how to do it, hpt is the crowd for you. Welcome.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Trifecta also offered a 'layer tune' that would let us read and write over it with HPT before HPT had more of the tables opened up for us. Another stop gap they offered but not sure if it included the "button", I think not. I know the layer tune I had didn't.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel