Thread: 06 F-150, Changing base Commanded o2 (should be 14.6 actually is 15.0)

Tuner

06 F-150, Changing base Commanded o2 (should be 14.6 actually is 15.0)

Hey guys, I’m still tinkering on the truck. And I know that the fuel base table only commands open loop fueling. However when it’s in closed loop the truck seems to command closer to 15.0-15.1 sometimes. More so at idle then compared to say 2000 RPM. Then it’s hovering closer to 14.8 then starts to creep up sometimes closer to 15.0, I'm just assuming this it it trying to get to the 15.0 where as at idle it can sit longer and get closer.

Is there a way to “offset” the commanded 14.6 to trick the computer a little bit? Or in this case get it closer to what it should be… Or could there be something else that may need to be changed in the closed loop settings that aren't allowing it to shoot for a 14.6?

Would this just be done in the o2 bias calibration setting?

O2 Bias would cause this, but I would first make sure that the factory 02s are in good working order, and the voltage is switching in the way a normal working sensor should. Countless times I have seen this issue and it was from a dying sensor that the PCM had not yet detected.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Will do Eric. I'm going to look over my tunes as well to make sure it didn't get switched by accident anywhere. Just didn't want to change something that shouldn't be tinkered with. I'll double check the O2's as well, truck has 70K on it so I wouldn't doubt they may start to be going bad.

Yeah, they probably aren't working good until you get a little RPM and heat in the exhaust.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Everything looks good on the hardware side of things. Both banks are swinging voltages etc like I would think they should.
    I think it's just the Biasing. What setting would this be changed under? the Min Bias (-.015) currently. Or the bank 1 and 2 tables (all set to 0's currently)? I would assume it has to be in the tables to offset and just make both sides the same correct?

Tuner
    Well, I gave it a try with both the min and both bank tables with no change to the offset. So I'm assuming that I can't change it at all anywhere