Thread: Safety Mode - E38 & Others - Ability to PREVENT it. ie. Car Cant Go Into Safety Mode

Safety Mode - E38 & Others - Ability to PREVENT it. ie. Car Cant Go Into Safety Mode

I have a 2009 VE Holden Commodore v8 (E38 T43).

I'm pretty over the whole 'safety mode' stuff. I have read every forum out there, it can be like voltage, TPS, supposed differences in airflow calculated from MAF to TPS etc. Vaccume Leaks, Bad Injectors, Head Gaskets etc I've found things like transient, custom os's VE can upset it etc.

It's frustrating. I get safety mode 'for no reason' on my car. I've replaced battery, checked wiring, did all the tests in the world. Seems to me maybe it has to do with the tuning gear and what not. I'm not at all saying HP Tuners is at fault by any means. My issue is I can have like Dynamic, VE & MAF running together and have the car within like 0-4% virtually across the board............ so it's running damn near perfect even on the stock tune with that fuel ....... SAFETY MODE.

I have a new battery and all the rest...... It's frustrating. Modifying fan settings kills voltage and can cause it..........

My point is....... I would like to see an option in 'Engine Diag' to DISABLE safety mode or ............ have a whole tab dedicated to it. So where you have Engine, Engine Diag etc.... have another tab 'safety mode' with like pull down DTC type things where we can DISABLE what can cause safety mode........

There must be some way of doing this......... or is it a BCM controlled thing?

It's frustrating......... and highly overlooked.

PS. I have already changed all the common engine diag gear etc to help prevent it, and so on.......... but I'm just saying i think it's time we get access to this, I think it's something HP Tuners should look into. You cannot be driving around with your family in the car having this crap happen........ it's downright dangerous how these things can go into safety mode for no reason!
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Senior Tuner
    Isn't your car pretty close to stock? Is the mod list in your signature accurate? Post up what's in the car now and what was stock, I bet you that the "for no reason" can be easily explained.

As for any tuning company giving you the ability to disable reduced engine power on a drive by wire vehicle...I don't think you understand the liability.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    i have the same care and i want to disable safty mode too

Shortly after my post no doubt.......... my TPS failed.......... bought a whole new throttle solved my issue.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.