Thread: 2000 Bonneville SSEI VATS problems. Starts and stalls

Potential Tuner

2000 Bonneville SSEI VATS problems. Starts and stalls

I am new here but I recently swapped a L67 and 4t65hd into a rock crawler I built. I modified a stock harness out of a 2000 Bonneville and am having trouble with the VATS I think. It will start and 2 seconds later I loose injector pulse. It wont restart for a few minutes and cycling the key. I would appreciate any help on this issue. I have read the sticky regarding the VATS and I have set all of the dtc's to no error reported and have tried VATS to serial and pwm. still does exactly the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My file

Potential Tuner
    Man nobody has anything? Anyone mess with L67 swaps? I know its old technology but someone has to have something.

I know the grand prix pcm's but havent dealt with a bonneville for this type of thing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I compared it to a stock gtp file and I can't find any difference. Still having trouble not sure what to do.

Only thing I've found so far. Not sure how much it helps but does have some info.

http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...onneville+vats
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Have you performed the link? key on, wait 10 mins, key off and back on within 3 seconds...leave on for 10 additional mins, key off and then attempt start within 5 seconds? I imagine your security lamp was not part of the install here?
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    well not sure. If im not using anything but the ecm do i still need to do that?