Thread: Scanner and PID Assistance Required

Tuner in Training

Scanner and PID Assistance Required

First off, long time lurker, but haven't posted in quite a while. I have an 08 HHR SS that has been tuned via HPTuners for over 2 years. However, it was tuned by me and a buddy using some basic information we found on the forum and wasn't done as well as it should be. I seem to have plenty of power (1 detonated trans and 2 clutches later), but the vehicle just doesn't run as smoothly as I would like. So, I am working through the tune and basically starting fresh (based on the current tune, not factory) to smooth out many areas such as timing, the fuel trims, ramp up, boost, etc. I am currently going back to basics with the MAF tuning. I have set the correction table to 1's and am running logs to smooth things out, per the instructions.

I have been working through the LNF videos and am using the cfg file provided by cobaltssoverbooster in the MAF tuning thread. My problem is that, as best I can tell, I have the PIDS set up correctly and entered into the primary table. However, my:

1) PID for Boost comes up as not supported in the primary table when scanning and in the corresponding histo when scanning.

2) PIDs for Knock Retard, Knock (by cylinder), and Total Knock do not display info, when scanning, in the primary table nor the chart. However, it does seem to pull information into the histo.

Hopefully, I am just missing something or overlooking something stupid. I have attached some screenshots as well the cfg file I'm using, my latest log, and also my current tune that is loaded onto the car. If y'all see anything in the tune that is blatantly awful and can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks guys...

config no scan.jpgconfig with scan.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JAXFL_SS; 01-14-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: misspelling
    08 Victory Red/Ebony 5spd SS - ZZP Catless Downpipe - Crazy Steve Intercooler - ZZP CAI - ZZP Hot Side Pipe

Tuner in Training
    Alright, it looks like I am now scanning for the Boost. However, it looks to be pulling data in Kpa not psi. If it is pulling correctly and I am converting correctly, I'm running way more boost than I ever realized (31psi?) at WOT. No wonder my transmission and clutch(es) are not happy.

Still working on the other PIDs above.
    08 Victory Red/Ebony 5spd SS - ZZP Catless Downpipe - Crazy Steve Intercooler - ZZP CAI - ZZP Hot Side Pipe