Thread: cold start idle surge

Potential Tuner

cold start idle surge

Put a 403 ls2 with ls3 heads 229/236 .60x and 92 fast TB in my 2002 ss. Have been dialing in ve then spark a little, but can not get my cold idle under control. I know its too rich and have been playing with the base running airflow to lean it out, and got it under control with rtt but it still surged until it went into closed loop. Once in closed loop it levels out quickly but still has a high stit witch seems to adjust very slowly to changes to the base running airflow once to car is warm. I seem to be over adjusting trying to get a lower stit. Got the VE to 2-3 in the cruse range and 4-5 everywhere up to about 4000rpms. Cold surge log is about 50*f till open loop and the cold log is about the same only adjusting the base running airflow while warming up with the rtt.

Thanks for any help,
    John

02ssvepe.hptwideband.cfgcold surge1-12.hplcold.hpl

This is what I did for my 416 and for me it worked great,

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ht=idle+stalls

Haven't looked at the tune since I don't have my laptop on me at the moment, but, check your LTIT's while trying to adjust your base running airflow so that you're not chasing your tail. Doing a write entire will reset the stored LTITs.

If you're trying to lean it out, that needs to be done in the VE table/MAF.