Thread: Idle question

Idle question

I've been fighting this car. "parking lot maneuvers" Basically light throttle then let off. Engine will sometimes stall. Almost every time if doing it in reverse. I noticed my throttle follower Sometimes would decay immediately and other times would taper decay as I have set in the tune. The times that it decays immediately is when the car will stall. What other factors are making it not use the decay table and immediately drop to 0?

In the log the first two little throttle blips are when it drops immediately and the third is when it tapers "as it should"

Thank you in advance.

Forgot to add that its a 102/102 setup.
    Attached Files Attached Files

A VE map with peaks, valleys, and big drop offs will show these symptoms and cause low speed, decel, back to idle issues.

Retune the VE tables and smoothen them out, then your MAF curve.

I believe tuning your VE tables will fix your MAF curve as well.

Once you get both of them worked out and smooth(or close), then start working with .10-.20 or 1.10-1.20 in the rpm and MPH you are experiencing issues in your throttle cracker table.

Wait a minute... Why is your Throttle cracker airflow table zero'd out?
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 01-09-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Your idle underspeed table is zero'd out as well as many many many other things i see as issues. You're going to do nothing but chase your tail.

My recommendation would be to start over with a stock file and work from there.
    Good info here: http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...tricks-373848/

I hope a shop didn't tune this for you.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning