Thread: 07 2.4 - intermittent "shut off" at WOT

Advanced Tuner

07 2.4 - intermittent "shut off" at WOT

This is a remote tune for a shop that was dealing with another tuner on this prior to my involvement.
    I was hoping I could fix it quickly but unfortunately that's not the case.
    Here are the details:
    - 2007 Solsitice 2.4 swapped into a Fiero
    - got the tune dialed in and car runs fine to 6000rpm.
    - make another pull in the car 5 minutes to an hour later and the car shuts down (like limp mode) at 4000rpm
    - tried changing anything torque management related (and somethings I have no idea what they do to try to resolve the problem - but no dice).

In the attached logs 3c the operator lifted at 5400, in 4c it "shutoff"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Are you able to log the vehicle at all? I had the same problem when doing WOT shifts, but mine was automatic. If you are able to log the vehicle, add the following to your primary table:

ETC Tqmgt Type
    Fuel Cut Tqmgt Type
    Spark Tqmgt Type
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    Are you able to log the vehicle at all? I had the same problem when doing WOT shifts, but mine was automatic. If you are able to log the vehicle, add the following to your primary table:

ETC Tqmgt Type
    Fuel Cut Tqmgt Type
    Spark Tqmgt Type
    Thanks for the suggestion and the log shows - "Fuel Cut Tqmgt Type" = ETC when it shuts down. I do have fuel cut disabled. What other settings in the tune could cause this to occur?

Thanks!
    Mike

I notice in the 4c log when the car takes over, it switches to fuel trim cell 37 which is "idle." Is this a boosted car? The MAP numbers seem really high for a NA 2.4

I think you may be having the same problem as I do, except in reverse. Mine occurs when I put the car in park, then back into drive. I get a huge surge as the throttle opens to 32% , which is what yours seems to be holding at here. I haven't found a solution for my problem yet. I would suspect mechanical parts to be the cause, but haven't been able to verify that.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    I notice in the 4c log when the car takes over, it switches to fuel trim cell 37 which is "idle." Is this a boosted car? The MAP numbers seem really high for a NA 2.4

I think you may be having the same problem as I do, except in reverse. Mine occurs when I put the car in park, then back into drive. I get a huge surge as the throttle opens to 32% , which is what yours seems to be holding at here. I haven't found a solution for my problem yet. I would suspect mechanical parts to be the cause, but haven't been able to verify that.
    Yes this is a boosted car. I apologize for not specifying that.