Thread: Cruise doesn't work with M6 conversion DBW

Cruise doesn't work with M6 conversion DBW

03 Sierra DBW flashed to a M6 trans file and now cruise doesn't work. It works great with auto file. What needs to be done to make cruise work with manual trans settings? Thanks for anyone's help.

Senior Tuner
    Pull wiring diagram 03 sierra cruise and you will find your answer.

Is there no way to make the cruise work with the 6 speed file? I can flash it back to an auto and it works great

Senior Tuner
    Yes, the answer is in the wiring diagram. You have to add a wire.

There are probably things in the background of your "AUTO" engine, engine diag., system and speedo calibration that aren't jiving with the manual transmission segments.

You really need to start with a complete manual tune if you are swapping from an auto tune to a manual tune and vice versa.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Thanks James, I'm trying that now. I emailed Brendan at lt1swap and seems to think switching pin 33 blue to pin 18 green would do it. But I've tried that and nothing. What wires need added? I have looked my pin outs over. This is driving me crazy. Lol

I've tried flashing two different 04 4.8 manual dbw files. Bone stock entire file cruise don't work. Is the TAC different on a stick truck? I've swapped both pins both ways. Nothing. But it works great with the auto file. Doesn't make sense to me. This is a customers vehicle, if it was mine I wouldn't go through the headache. But he wants cruise

Senior Tuner
    Did you pull the wiring diagram as I suggested? Has nothing to do with the 2 pins your playing with. Your speedo settings have to be correctly calibrated, you can have no codes set, and you have to add a powered clutch interrupted switch to blue connector pin 35. If you go for a drive the way you have it now, add the pcm cruise enabled pid. You will see the pcm is not enabling the cruise because it is not receiving power on pin 35, when you switch to auto file it does not look for it why it works. Pull the wiring diagram and read the description of operation.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 01-12-2015 at 04:08 PM.

No, didn't pull a wiring diagram. Thought you were referring to the pinouts. Thanks for your input. Will try that and see how things work out.